My entirely useless annual SEC schedule analysis

Savannahbayvol

Alabama 9-3, losing to UGA, UT and LSU. We get them after they play UGA, Vandy and USC in a row

Arkansas 4-8 losing to OK State, Auburn, A&M ,UT, LSU, Ole Miss Texas and Mizzou

Auburn 7-5 losing to OK, UGA, Mizzou, A&M and Alabama

Florida 4-8 losing to Miami, A&M, UT, and last 5 games; UGA, Texas, LSU, Ole Miss and FSU.

UGA- 11-1, losing to Texas in Austin

UK- 6-6, losing to UGA, Ole Miss, Florida, Auburn, UT and Texas

LSU 10-2, losing to A&M and Oklahoma. Weird they play both USC and UCLA

MSU 3-9 beat Toledo, UMass and Eastern Ky

Mizzou- 9-3, losing to A&M, Alabama, OU

Oklahoma 8-4 losing to Texas, Ole Miss , Alabama and LSU

Ole Miss 9-3, losing to LSU, OU and UGA

USC 4-8 beating Old Dominion, Akron, Vandy and Wofford

Vols 10-2, losing to OU and UGA

Texas 12-0

A&M 9-3, losing to Notre Dame (first game in College Station), LSU and Texas

Vandy 2-10, beating Alcorn and Ball State

Game of the year: 10/19 UGA at Texas

Coach of the Year: Elko or Freeze

Offensive POY- Carson Beck

Defensive POY- James Pearce

SECCG- UGA-Texas Rematch

Bye Bye coach- Pittman, Napier, Beamer and Lee

LOL. texasss ain’t going 12-0. Only 4 of their games last year were top 40 talent.

Every SEC team sans Vandy is top 40 talent.

Plus, they lost a ton of NFL talent.

Alabama 9-3, losing to UGA, UT and LSU. We get them after they play UGA, Vandy and USC in a row

Arkansas 4-8 losing to OK State, Auburn, A&M ,UT, LSU, Ole Miss Texas and Mizzou

Florida 4-8 losing to Miami, A&M, UT, and last 5 games; UGA, Texas, LSU, Ole Miss and FSU.

Texas 12-0

SECCG- UGA-Texas Rematch

Good analysis. I think you might be a little high on LSU and Texas. LSU lost a lot on offense, even though Nussmeir should be good I think they take a step back. The defense has to be improved, but it depends how much. Texas only won the Big 12 once in the past decade +, they always have a slip up versus someone they shouldn’t . I just can’t see them winning every game. My upset pick for Texas could be when Kentucky comes to town the week before they play @ aTm.

I think you got a lot of the postseason awards and superlatives that I would. I have Elko winning SEC COY.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Texas 12-0

SECCG- UGA-Texas Rematch

No way we lose to OU this year. We trounce them.

I could be wrong, but I think that OK's weakness (Offensive Line) could be going against our Defensive Strength (Defensive Line). I just don't see their offense being able to do a lot and I don't see anyone being able to totally shut down our offense.

Now this is due to my thinking that Nico is closer to Hooker as a QB as opposed to Milton.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I think that OK's weakness (Offensive Line) could be going against our Defensive Strength (Defensive Line). I just don't see their offense being able to do a lot and I don't see anyone being able to totally shut down our offense.

Now this is due to my thinking that Nico is closer to Hooker as a QB as opposed to Milton.
I “think” Nico is very good but we’ve had one game to really judge him and Iowa wasn’t that good despite their ranking or record. I do think he’s going to be very good, he’s just young and inexperienced.

Reactions: Frozevol
I “think” Nico is very good but we’ve had one game to really judge him and Iowa wasn’t that good despite their ranking or record. I do think he’s going to be very good, he’s just young and inexperienced.
Yes but he has had 2 off seasons and a regular season to hone in on his abilities I think he hits the ground running early and often… he has that feel for the game and calm cool demeanor that can be coached… you can see it early I don’t expect him to look much like a freshman and I know that is high praise and expectation but he also has a really good defense and weapons around him to help him as well…

Every year, I see the Vols unbeaten until they’re not. It’s the off season, a time for unbridled optimism. GBO.

Texas 12-0

SECCG- UGA-Texas Rematch

Texas going undefeated? I'd bet my second home against that... however, that their only two true road games are Vanderbilt and TAMU is insane. WTF. How do you play 2 road games in an entire season? (also one game in dallas against OU but that's essentially another home game)

Iowa held the national champions to 213 total yards of offense. We nearly doubled that with a kid making his very first start. We're a top 10 offense, that's the SAFE bet. When a coach has more than a decade as an OC or HC and only has 1 year outside the top ten, you should just anticipate things working out. 2023 was the first time a Heup offense didn't finish in the top 10, and people talk about how we really took a step back, but we we're still in the top 27% of offenses (37th out of 133). Worst year in our HC's career offensively, and 73% of all teams would have loved to have produced like we did last year. lol.

Then you hear the comments from athlon from anonymous coaches saying that our staff thinks Nico is the best QB theyve ever had in their system. You're "pumping the breaks" attitude is just not necessary in this case.

Betting against us having a top 10 offense would be like betting against Steph Curry not leading the league in 3 point field goals. It's happened... once in the last 12 years.

Texas going undefeated? I'd bet my second home against that... however, that their only two true road games are Vanderbilt and TAMU is insane. WTF. How do you play 2 road games in an entire season? (also one game in dallas against OU but that's essentially another home game)

They also play @ Arkansas, but point taken.

That’s why A&M fans call ‘em t-sippers. They are like people from old money who haven’t accomplished anything of their own but think they are tough-****.

Texas always claims they lead in the series against A&M. What they don’t mention is that A&M was historically a small all-male military academy (like the Citadel) until the 70’s. Back when they didn’t have scholarship limits, texas would regularly have freshman football recruiting classes of around 100 (basically, all the good players in the region), giving recruits and their gf, etc. full ride scholarships - ergo - they had an unfair advantage - yet, still pontificating on their record with the deck stacked for them.

Why they ever let these losers into the SEC…..

Their fans will be the worst in the SEC. They are far worse than ‘Bama fans. At least ‘Bama has won something.

VN Store

Back