My Little Vols

copper2

My two boys went outside about an hour ago to play some football. Tommy, 9yrs old the oldest of the two was wearing orange.So he said he was the TN VOLS. Sabastian the little brother wasn`t having none of it. I told them to stop it and just play. Then came back inside the house. An hour later not hearing anything, I figured I better check on them and make sure they were ok. Still in the same spot I left them in. The only thing I could hear was the little one telling the older one. I don`t care what you say. If I have to be Florida, WE AIN`T PLAYING! All I could do was smile and come back in the house. It`s times like this I know I`m doing my job as a father. :D

LOL.. aaawww.... it's stories like this that just warm your little VOL hearts don't they?? :) You really are doing a GREAT job!! How else can the next generation carry on the tradition without proper training ?? You GO VOL DAD!!!

copper2 I LOVE it.

My late father-in-law was a lifelong, die-hard Kentucky fan. He adored our little girl, as she was born on his birthday, and thought she could do no wrong.
One day when she was about 4, she crawled up in his lap and said "Grandad, I learned a new song I want to teach you. " He said "Sure darlin', I'll learn to sing it with you." Imagine the look on that old Wildcat's face when she started belting out Rocky Top!! That is one of our favorite memories in our family.

He was a good sport and even taught her the VERSES!!

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Aug 7, 2004 11:40 AM
copper2 I LOVE it.

My late father-in-law was a lifelong, die-hard Kentucky fan. He adored our little girl, as she was born on his birthday, and thought she could do no wrong.
One day when she was about 4, she crawled up in his lap and said "Grandad, I learned a new song I want to teach you. " He said "Sure darlin', I'll learn to sing it with you." Imagine the look on that old Wildcat's face when she started belting out Rocky Top!! That is one of our favorite memories in our family.

He was a good sport and even taught her the VERSES!!

We miss you, Dad.

:(

Originally posted by VOLluvrCK@Aug 7, 2004 11:08 AM
LOL.. aaawww.... it's stories like this that just warm your little VOL hearts don't they?? :) You really are doing a GREAT job!! How else can the next generation carry on the tradition without proper training ?? You GO VOL DAD!!!

LOL, Thank you Last week I taught them how to give wedgees.That later blew up in my face when they tried it on MOM! :eek:lol: I`ll never underestimate her speed again. :bash:

HAHAHA.... WHOO-HOO!!! I BET MOM appreciated that!! :clap: .. LOLOL... and VOLStorm what you say is right on...it's that special kinda of sense of humor and family togetherness that made me sure TN was where I wanted to be...hehe.. I wonder what I'd be like today if I had had such a privleged upbringing!?

Originally posted by Volstorm@Aug 7, 2004 1:39 PM
copper, stories like that are what make Tennessee so great. Good stuff.

I thought ya`ll might like that. I had to live in New Jersey for two years. We bought a house from a family member that I had to remodle.It was a duplex 5, bedrooms 4 baths almost 4000sq ft. Anyway I was so home sick. All I could do was watch the games on ESPN GAME PLAN. I never missed a game. The people there are not into Collage Football they only like the NFL. So it was hard to find people to talk to about the Vols. It was a nightmare. Anyway the day I sold the house I came home.There`s something special about TN. And I consider myself blessed to be able to raise my kids here and see them Happy Little Vol Fans. :D

GO VOLS !!!!! :rocks:

VN Store

Back