My player of the game

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Zander Sechrist, obviously.

What an incredibly clutch performance in Tennessee's biggest game of the year. This was a high pressure game with EVERYTHING on the line. He was locked in, overcame defensive blunders right out of the gate, and kept Evansville's potent offense in check all night. In turn, he gave our offense a chance to put some runs on the board and take the pressure off. I can't say enough about his performance tonight.

Statline: 6.1 innings pitched, 0 ER, 6K.

What an incredibly clutch performance in Tennessee's biggest game of the year. This was a high pressure game with EVERYTHING on the line. He was locked in, overcame defensive blunders right out of the gate, and kept Evansville's potent offense in check all night. In turn, he gave our offense a chance to put some runs on the board and take the pressure off. I can't say enough about his performance tonight.

All year!

I thought he pitched his best game of his life right there. He was putting the ball where he wanted it and took several uppercuts jabs and another ball off the leg and it didn’t look like it phased him one bit.

Has he ever thrown more than 102 pitches in a game? Regardless those 102 were his most important of his career.

I agree on today…for the weekend, I nominate Cal. He caught every eligible pitcher on the roster.

You could tell Zander was in 'the zone' right out of the gate, and overcoming the error and the ball hitting him to get out of that inning keeping the 5-1 lead might have been the biggest moment of the night, and the Vols rolled from there.

He saved possibly his best ever effort for his final game in LNS and to get UT to the CWS, just as clutch as it gets.

That was the best clutch pitching performance in a game of that magnitude since Todd Helton in the 95 World Series.

That's a no doubter.

VN Store

Back