My Thoughts

i2amavol

First things first: Oregon deserves its number 2 ranking. Actually, it may deserve a number 1 ranking. A lot of those guys will be playing in the pros. Johnny Football? Why not their starting qb? He hit his players in stride every time - except when he was running for first downs. He made it look easy. I don't care who they were playing, they were that good! Watch this season progress, and I think this win is just another easy one in an unbeaten season. So far, the scores: Oregon 66, Nichols St. 3; Oregon 59, Virginia 10; Oregon 59, TN 14. Notice the similarities?

Now for Tennessee: They are 2-1. They are undefeated in the SEC. I hope and believe this game is an aberration. We have more losses in us, but not like this (I hope).

I do not believe Tennessee has a Heisman candidate this season at QB. I am not against changing qb's, but I am not sure that it is going to be a cure-all. I guess it is worth a try though. I have always thought that a qb who CAN run is a major advantage in college football. Nowhere was this more obvious than in today's game.

The SEC is about smash-mouth football, and we may be better prepared for that, instead of all that speed. However, I hope that we can recruit much more for speed. Say what you want to about coaching and formations. Speed makes most of that a moot point. If there was ever any doubt, then today should end that.:cray:

I haven't watched a whole bunch of games this year, but I suspect that Alabama and Oregon are easily the class of college football. We should go into every game with a plan to win; however, as fans we should understand that we are not the only ones on the outside looking in, when it comes to matching up with these two teams...After 2 or 3 recruiting seasons, we should expect to compete with them...Now, however, we should not judge our team by these two games. We just aren't there yet, and shouldn't expect to be.

Having said all that, let's try to continue to enjoy the season, support our team, and look hopefully to the future. If we do support them, they WILL win some more games this year. It's better than the alternative, if you ask me.

Reactions: 5 people
First things first: Oregon deserves its number 2 ranking. Actually, it may deserve a number 1 ranking. A lot of those guys will be playing in the pros. Johnny Football? Why not their starting qb? He hit his players in stride every time - except when he was running for first downs. He made it look easy. I don't care who they were playing, they were that good! Watch this season progress, and I think this win is just another easy one in an unbeaten season. So far, the scores: Oregon 66, Nichols St. 3; Oregon 59, Virginia 10; Oregon 59, TN 14. Notice the similarities?

Now for Tennessee: They are 2-1. They are undefeated in the SEC. I hope and believe this game is an aberration. We have more losses in us, but not like this (I hope).

I do not believe Tennessee has a Heisman candidate this season at QB. I am not against changing qb's, but I am not sure that it is going to be a cure-all. I guess it is worth a try though. I have always thought that a qb who CAN run is a major advantage in college football. Nowhere was this more obvious than in today's game.

The SEC is about smash-mouth football, and we may be better prepared for that, instead of all that speed. However, I hope that we can recruit much more for speed. Say what you want to about coaching and formations. Speed makes most of that a moot point. If there was ever any doubt, then today should end that.:cray:

I haven't watched a whole bunch of games this year, but I suspect that Alabama and Oregon are easily the class of college football. We should go into every game with a plan to win; however, as fans we should understand that we are not the only ones on the outside looking in, when it comes to matching up with these two teams...After 2 or 3 recruiting seasons, we should expect to compete with them...Now, however, we should not judge our team by these two games. We just aren't there yet, and shouldn't expect to be.

Having said all that, let's try to continue to enjoy the season, support our team, and look hopefully to the future. If we do support them, they WILL win some more games this year. It's better than the alternative, if you ask me.

Hopefully we can mix up the playcalling a lil bit...we ran it almost every time on 2nd down it seemed an we hardly ever done play action..I dont understand why we dont get under center an play smash mouth football mixed in with some play action an wide reciever screens here n there...

Hopefully we can mix up the playcalling a lil bit...we ran it almost every time on 2nd down it seemed an we hardly ever done play action..I dont understand why we dont get under center an play smash mouth football mixed in with some play action an wide reciever screens here n there...

Yeah, I hope we learn some real important lessons real quick. Nothing like a big loss to help expose flaws. Of course, our opponents can watch tape too.

Reactions: 1 person
Oregon looked really good. We looked really bad.

The glaring difference in talent is undeniable. Fuss about the coaching, playcalling, tackling, or whatever, but we simply lack the playmakers to compete with the big boys RIGHT NOW.

That being said, it's killing me that people are jumping ship after getting blown out by a team that has been in the NC hunt for the past 5 years. We need to ride the season out, looking for improvement as we go, and look forward to a fantastic incoming class that will BEGIN the rebuilding process.

We have a long, long way to go, and today was nothing more than a reminder to me. I have faith in the staff and the future.

Reactions: 1 person

The glaring difference in talent is undeniable. Fuss about the coaching, playcalling, tackling, or whatever, but we simply lack the playmakers to compete with the big boys RIGHT NOW.

That being said, it's killing me that people are jumping ship after getting blown out by a team that has been in the NC hunt for the past 5 years. We need to ride the season out, looking for improvement as we go, and look forward to a fantastic incoming class that will BEGIN the rebuilding process.

We have a long, long way to go, and today was nothing more than a reminder to me. I have faith in the staff and the future.

Agree completely doc. This staff will get the job done, just not this year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The talent gap was so glaring that if we switched scores at halftime, it still might not have mattered. They scored at will. Period.

It is like the Nebraska game in the '90's. We need to learn every lesson that we can, and recruit for speed at all the skilled positions.

I still believe in Butch Jones. I believed in him before most people on here ever heard of him. I was/am now thrilled that he is our coach.but he is not going to turn this program around in a year or two.i

I agree as well. Also serves as proof that the previous coach did NOT leave the program in better shape than he found it. I believe 2015 and 2016 will be the indicator of where we are going. That being said, GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back