17.purdue
18.georgia tech
19.texas a&m
20.louisville
21.boston college
22.texas tech
23.alabama
24.ucla

Why do you have Ohio State above us. Ohio State is losing Mike Nugent, He won half their games for them with his 50 yard + field goals. I think Iowa will be a bit stronger that Ohio State .

i remeber dustin won us a few games 2 years ago and we still did good. i just think we still have one hole and that is were phillips can fix it. our secondary is suspect and if that hole is fixed i will rank ut no 2.

We have enough receivers to spill over to the our secondary. With Jason Allen coming back I think our defense will be able to pressure any offense enough to makeup for the secondary. Also Fulmer has plenty of film from last year to work with to correct problems.

well we can only hope. all i can hope is that he has them ready to play when the time comes. we have to play 8 teams that were bowl eliagable last year. not good.

Glad to see that you've abided by the Ranking by-laws that say that regardless of the prior year's record, Florida MUST be given a free pass into all preseason top 10s.

Originally posted by Volsaholic@Jan 20, 2005 6:38 PM
Why do you have Ohio State above us. Ohio State is losing Mike Nugent, He won half their games for them with his 50 yard + field goals.  I think Iowa will be a bit stronger that Ohio State .

Iowa will be team #3 in the Big 10 this year, OSU and Michigan will be the 2 main ones again, and wouldnt surprise me one bit to se either of them be a title contender.

i have a feeling lsu wont be that good this year. apears and webster are both gone. that hurts. i know they lost more. who else did they lose?

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg+Jan 20, 2005 7:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GoVolsDogg @ Jan 20, 2005 7:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Volsaholic@Jan 20, 2005 6:38 PM
Why do you have Ohio State above us. Ohio State is losing Mike Nugent, He won half their games for them with his 50 yard + field goals.  I think Iowa will be a bit stronger that Ohio State .

Iowa will be team #3 in the Big 10 this year, OSU and Michigan will be the 2 main ones again, and wouldnt surprise me one bit to se either of them be a title contender. [/quote]
I respect both Ohio State and Michigan as programs, but they are both losing their biggest offensive weapon. Ohio State relied heavily on it&#39;s defense and Nugent kicking 50 yarders. And Michigan is losing Edwards. I&#39;m not a big fan of Vince Young, but I see Texas as a huge factor in the NC picture.

Iowa is still very much in the Big Ten picture. Their pass offense is amazing, and Michigan still has some holes to fill in their seconadary. Ohio State, at the end of last season (and this WILL transfer to this season) got to the point where they didn&#39;t need a good kicker to win games. The Big Ten Title is truly left up to question. Don&#39;t forget about Wisconsin or Minnesota, either.

The four big teams going to the NC picture will be whoever wins the Big Ten, Tennessee, Texas and USC.

Originally posted by Volsaholic+Jan 20, 2005 8:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Volsaholic @ Jan 20, 2005 8:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@Jan 20, 2005 7:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Volsaholic
@Jan 20, 2005 6:38 PM

Iowa will be team #3 in the Big 10 this year, OSU and Michigan will be the 2 main ones again, and wouldnt surprise me one bit to se either of them be a title contender.

I respect both Ohio State and Michigan as programs, but they are both losing their biggest offensive weapon. Ohio State relied heavily on it&#39;s defense and Nugent kicking 50 yarders. And Michigan is losing Edwards. I&#39;m not a big fan of Vince Young, but I see Texas as a huge factor in the NC picture. [/quote]
If you&#39;ve seen Troy Smith, Santonio Holmes, and Ten Ginn play, you wouldn&#39;t say that OSU is losing their best offensive player. Nugent was somethin special for them, but after the 3 game losing streak during the middle of the season, OSU clicked big time once they put Troy Smith in at QB over Justin Zwick.

Michigan is going to have to battle through some key losses in Edwards, Baas, Shazor, and Jackson, but Henne and Hart are there along with Steve Breaston and Jason Avant at WR. Secondary will be their weakness.

I like Texas, but they have to go to the Horseshoe this year to play the Buckeyes, and they already have a loss on the schedule in the Red River shootout against Oklahoma.

Texas can&#39;t beat Oklahoma, so they should not so high. Iowa and not Ohio State /Michigan is the best in the Big 10. Now that Louisville is in the Big East, they&#39;ll have a shot at top 5 too.

1. Southern Cal (11-0)
2. Tennessee (12-0)
3. Iowa (10-1)
4. Virginia Tech (11-1)
5. Texas (11-1)

I refuse to put Tennessee in the top 5-10 until they make it through the September schedule. Not trying to rain on everybody&#39;s parade, just trying not to get the expectations out of whack.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jan 21, 2005 6:31 AM
I refuse to put Tennessee in the top 5-10 until they make it through the September schedule. Not trying to rain on everybody&#39;s parade, just trying not to get the expectations out of whack.

It&#39;s a good way to be.

It would probably be better to not have a ranking at all until at least October.

ohio state and texas play next year the week before the Gator Fry.

that will be a huge game early in the season.

Originally posted by allvol@Jan 21, 2005 7:12 AM
It would probably be better to not have a ranking at all until at least October.

That will never happen.

And yes, Texas at Ohio State will be one of the most important games of the season.

hey does anyone know what goes good with gator soup. my friend and i want to know after we get done killing them in gainsville.

VN Store

Back