Nathan Peterman

It seems like there is a Nathan Peterman thread every week now. Why? If he is the best that the Bills can do, they will go back to missing the playoffs again... but what does that have to do with Tennessee?

Last edited:
It seems like there is a Nathan Peterman thread every week now. Why?

Well, it's simple, had Coach Jones and the Vol staff not developed him so well, he would not be the starting QB in the NFL that he is today. Just having that out there will bring elite QBs to our doorstep in the years to come.

Because he is slowing turning into the "what if Randal Cobb?" story... It feels bad, but you still wish him the best.
He was given a chance to play here and didn't play well... He definitely wasn't better for the Jones system than Dobbs. It doesn't feel bad at all. I don't see his relevance to anything.

Reactions: Hacksaw
There were some VolNation members invested in demeaning Peterman on every level - all based upon very little playing time. They don't want to hear they were dead wrong. Nathan broke his thumb in the Florida debacle, but kept playing, leading to a horrible second quarter of wild throws. Those wild passes are all they remember.

Nathan did not bloom as a QB until he was tutored into it at Pitt. He received no real coaching and did nothing with Botch. So there's really no claim on him as a Vol. Glad he is getting his opportunity with the Bills.

It seems like there is a Nathan Peterman thread every week now. Why? If he is the best that the Bills can do, they will go back to missing the playoffs again... but what does that have to do with Tennessee?

It's to pile on Butch Jones. For all the wrong Jones did, I'm not holding Peterman against him. He just wasn't a great fit here, and him transferring to Pitt was the best move he could make. It got him into the NFL, which if he had stayed at Tennessee as a backup, very likely wouldn't have happened. I don't hold his time here against him, he had a lot going against him and I don't think he was a good fit for the system.

Having said on that, people need to pump the brakes. Dude had possibly the worst first start in the NFL as a QB ever. Again, I don't fully blame him, I think the Bills were silly to throw him in under the circumstances. But he still has a ton to prove and I still think he's probably a second string QB at best. If he sucks again this time, he'll likely be out of the NFL soon.

Thats amazing, I saw him play in HS and never thought he'd make it this far. Trying to get tickets to the Pats game in Blo but the fans up there are pretty pumped up.

There were some VolNation members invested in demeaning Peterman on every level - all based upon very little playing time. They don't want to hear they were dead wrong. Nathan broke his thumb in the Florida debacle, but kept playing, leading to a horrible second quarter of wild throws. Those wild passes are all they remember.
I remember last year’s start too. What’d he have broke then?

Josh Allen not quite ready, Peterman will take the beatings in the first four / five games until Allen is handed the keys.

Nate you a team guy? yes sir! yeah, yeah, okay listen we know you're not very good but you're drawing a check. Get your butt in there and take it like a team player until we can get Josh ready. Who knows Nate someone may want to trade for you, big dollars. Yes sir !

Last edited:
Reactions: 508mikey

Please post the evidence that Peterman was ever even considered decent at TN.

Please post the evidence that Peterman was ever even considered decent at TN.
You miss the point. The point is that those who 'considered' Peterman terrible based upon very little playing time have been proven dead wrong -again. Earned NFL starting position despite what so many 'considered' about him. Now, the invested Peterman haters can root for that nasty Ravens defense to devour him. You know, to feel vindicated. :rolleyes:

You miss the point. The point is that those who 'considered' Peterman terrible based upon very little playing time have been proven dead wrong -again. Earned NFL starting position despite what so many 'considered' about him. Now, the invested Peterman haters can root for that nasty Ravens defense to devour him. You know, to feel vindicated. :rolleyes:
Speaking of “vindicated”, you started a thread about his first start and declared him a “proven NFL starter” BEFORE the game that made Nathan Peterman a verb indicating an epic failure in your first opportunity. Ex: “Caitlyn Jenner’s surgeon Nathan Peterman’d her surgery worse than his plastic surgeons ever did.”

You were awfully scarce after that...all’s well?

I think the only reason Peterman is starting is because the Bills open with the Ravens, Chargers, and Vikings. He's being thrown to the wolves to save Josh Allen.

VN Store

Back