'26 NC ATH Kendre Harrison

Who really plays football and basketball anymore in college? I am drawing a blank.
Hey, let the kid dream. We have about two or three guys on the team now who thought they may hoop in college too(E Davis, the edge who just transferred, and maybe Mike Matthews). You let them get here and they’ll see how hard it is to juggle two sports. But if anyone could do it, this kid can. He would be a weapon on the court at PF looking at his hoops mixtape. Especially with football weight on, but yea much rather see him go for a 100 yards in Neyland.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
A very reliable UT poster/insider in the Trilly Donovan discord (a CBB forum) said this earlier today:

“Also probably less than 50/50 he ends up playing basketball even though he says he wants to and everyone is telling him he can but I was told we are in a VERY good spot for Kendre Harrison. Wouldn’t listen to the noise much in that recruitment. I think it will be very similar to the David Sanders recruitment. Going to be a lot of noise but some factors that will be very tough to beat going Tennessee’s way in the end
The same thing was talked about in Sanders recruitment, although idk if it was just Ohio State salt (lol). If it's true, I wonder what it is we are able to offer that other programs are unable to match?

Reactions: NighthawkVol
The same thing was talked about in Sanders recruitment, although idk if it was just Ohio State salt (lol). If it's true, I wonder what it is we are able to offer that other programs are unable to match?
That is just them being partial to our Vols ie. winning culture, fans, tradition, academics etc , got to love it

Reactions: INDEFENSE
Who really plays football and basketball anymore in college? I am drawing out a blank.
I thought Malachi Wideman and the TE that I'm drawing a blank on are the two most recent ones for us that stood a chance.

I really thought Wideman would be the 9th or 10th guy for Barnes and would play meaningful snaps at WR.

Yeah but didn’t he only play like 3 or 4 games total? It’s not like he was a starter or even played significant time.
No. He played in 56 games as a forward on the basketball team. He quit basketball after his junior season because it was clear his future was in football and he was a projected first round pick.

I’m just not sure it is realistically possible to be a dual-sport athlete in this modern era of sports. Each sport is just so demanding on your schedule and it’s basically year round training that I can’t imagine any athlete doing both and both at a high level which would be required to get play time at a place like Tennessee where we are really good in all 3 sports.

I’m just not sure it is realistically possible to be a dual-sport athlete in this modern era of sports. Each sport is just so demanding on your schedule and it’s basically year round training that I can’t imagine any athlete doing both and both at a high level which would be required to get play time at a place like Tennessee where we are really good in all 3 sports.

Can prob do like a baseball and football but basketball and football would be a lot tougher to pull off.

VN Store

Back