'25 NC DL Charles House (Tennessee commit)

I would just like to point out that House is our lowest rated 247 player

BUT

We beat out Alabama and Georgia for him. This is a guy I would expect to rise in the rankings and it shows how far our recruiting has come. Our lowest rated player was coveted by both Alabama and Georgia instead of schools like Minnesota and Rutgers.

It's great to be Vol

I would just like to point out that House is our lowest rated composite player

BUT

We beat out Alabama and Georgia for him. This is a guy I would expect to rise in the rankings and it shows how far our recruiting has come. Our lowest rated player was coveted by both Alabama and Georgia instead of schools like Minnesota and Rutgers.

It's great to be Vol

He’s severely underranked.

Have no idea why the recruiting services dropped the ball on this one.

He is currently ranked the 120th best defensive lineman in the country by 247. That is wild.
As I have expressed before, the rankings game is tough. By definition I think they have to attempt to rank PRIMARILY based on on field observations I.e. what they have done to date.

Schools can spend more face time and are investing in FUTURES involving projected physical progress AND cultural fit into specific rooms and schemes.

Have they peaked already or when will they peak? That is why staffs celebrate winning those they target regardless of stars. It is great to win the star game too, but draft day shows the top 300 or so entering their Sr year are not judged as the best 300 or so on draft day 3-4 years later. In the neighborhood of 50% hit rate. Going from man amongst boys to man vs man can have humbling results for some.

I would GUESS that the early bloomers have a higher percentage actually making rosters, the most important measurement, but the low stars that do either or both show the reward side of trusting your own evaluations. Closer is better with your contributors in the college games. Thought provoking I know.

Even when our staff needs to take shots late in the cycle, I know they could be an unobserved kid, or a late bloomer and I will HOPE they are among those that beat the odds and are drafted down the road.

Thank you for accepting me. I think I can shed some light on this one.

The high school that House goes to is more of a basketball school. North Meck was one of the top basketball programs in the country last year. There's a lot of talent in that area, but a lot of those kids, if they play football, transfer to a different school. That's what you see happening this year. You got Chambers (which is where James Pearce went), Mallard Creek, Hough, West Charlotte, and Cox Mill, all within like 15 minutes of North Meck. It's a really hard conference. North Meck would be doing good most years to win more than five games and make the playoffs.

The local folks know he's good, but with him not being a skill guy, and most of the talent going elsewhere, it's going to be a little harder for him to shine, especially against that level of competition.

I heard that North Meck had the most transfers in the Charlotte metro.

Last edited:
Reactions: #Vol4Life1991

VN Store

Back