'25 NC DL Charles House (Tennessee commit)

Double-digit schools have been through North Mecklenburg to check in on talented defensive lineman Charles House in the past couple of weeks. He has picked up recent offers from Alabama, Oregon and USC, but his timeline has not changed at this point.
will see Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee on official visits and make a commitment on June 22nd. The Crimson Tide are swinging hard in this one, but the Vols and Bulldogs are still out in front. His visit with Tim Banks went well on Thursday, and Tennessee continues to show well in this recruitment heading into an important stretch.
Also of note, VFL Daryl Vereen was recently named as the new head coach at North Mecklenburg
-VQ

Really hope this young man is a Vol when it’s said and done, and we continue making inroads in the Carolinas.
We really have done a damn good job in this recruitment, it seems.

Do wish we had a higher percentage of closing in top tier targets. But only way to increase those odds, is to land this guy.

Reactions: Dansky and onevol74
It’s interesting we have to battle Georgia for an almost across the board 3 star prospect at DT…I guess some of those recruiting sites missed the ball here

Why is this kid ranked so low?

His film is nasty.

How on earth does 247 have a kid with a final 3 of Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee as the #94 ranked player at his position? Good grief...
House is a good player and will be a huge get when he picks the Vols. He has a lot of tools but needs considerable work in S&C before he makes a big impact on the college level, especially in the SEC. I don't know much about North Mecklenburg, but a buddy told me a few months ago that they don't have a great S&C program. This might be why he is ranked below his talent level. He's gonna be one of these guys that gets drafted high after having a low ranking out of high school.

They don't, he's 102.
103, now, according to his 247 profile. I was looking at his on3 profile which lists the industry comparisons. It has his 247 positional ranking as 94th. If they are going to include a peek into a player's other rankings, I'd have thought their system would have had logic designed to update in real time as the other services make adjustments, but apparently not.

Reactions: VolInDayton
103, now, according to his 247 profile. I was looking at his on3 profile which lists the industry comparisons. It has his 247 positional ranking as 94th. If they are going to include a peek into a player's other rankings, I'd have thought their system would have had logic designed to update in real time as the other services make adjustments, but apparently not.
Agreed. Kind of funny seeing how it's pieced together. I'm surprised he dropped another spot todays when rankings weren't updated. When they are updated he should be moving up

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back