'25 NC DL Charles House (Tennessee commit)

giphy.gif

The Scout​

Prior to House’s public commitment, Volquest caught up with North Mecklenburg Head Coach and VFL Daryl Vereen to discuss what he has seen from House in their years together.

“I would say he is a player with a large motor,” Vereen said of what has stood out about the four-star. “I have never had an issue with him running to the ball since he has been a ninth grader. He is good at flipping his hips and running to the screen or the running back. Of course, he walked in the door, 6-3, 300 pounds, so he has always been a nice-sized kid. One thing I have always liked about him the most is that he is coachable. I can be a hard coach sometimes in just the way I am honest with them. Chuck always says, ‘yes sir.’ Out of these four years, no matter how hard I rip them, he accepts the challenge and is ready for the next play. He is an everyday kid. He comes to work out every day. He has never been a kid that we have to call and ask where they are or what you are doing. I have always said ‘The sky is the limit for everyday kids.’ I would say that is the case for him. He has consistency and is a great kid too. He doesn’t follow behind people. He treads his own water and is alright working alone.”

As far as House’s potential, Vereen is certain the standout prospect’s best football days are ahead of him.

“I think he is a kid that will match whatever you put in front of him,” Vereen said of this. “I don’t think he has even made it to fifty percent of his potential. He can still lower his pads. He can still have a harder punch, but I think some of that comes with time. Once he is able to get around a Division 1 program, and he is able to practice, lift, eat right, be around the right people, and look up to the older people already doing it the right way, I think the sky is really the limit for him. He is a kid who has an opportunity to play on Sundays one day, but I will be honest, even with all of the attention he has received, I really don’t think he has reached half of his potential.”

How does this impact the defensive line room?​

House is a nice addition for the Vols, as the long-time priority can play multiple positions along the interior and projects as a player that will develop well under the tutelage of veteran defensive line coach Rodney Garner. House joins Ethan Utley and Jayden Loftin as front-line defenders in this class for the Vols. This gives Tennessee a key interior piece to keep building around in the 2025 class.

So what is next?​

Tennessee is hosting several key trench defenders this weekend, withBryce Donovan-Jenkins and Mariyon Dye currently on campus. The Vols are working after each one and would love to pair them with what they currently have up front. Tennessee remains in play are strongly being considered by five-star Isaiah Gibson and four-stars Zion Grady and Damien Shanklin as well. Tennessee is also hosting four-star linebacker Christian Gass, who can play multiple positions along the front seven.

-VQ

He will end up rated pretty highly IMO. Big, physical, and can move and will get eyes going up against top comp in NC
I’ve reached out to several folks I know that are highschool football connected in NC and Charlotte. None of them really had much to say or added any insight to this kid. Usually there is some hype around a D1 athlete. Any thoughts as to why this is?

View attachment 640952

Charlotte has given Tennessee Grant Williams and this guy and Tony White.

Reactions: Volunteer821

VN Store

Back