'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

I am a CPA weighing in here.

I am not your CPA, I am not a professional athlete's CPA, I am not offering tax advice.

Athletes in states with state income taxes will be asked to defend their position and it will likely come down to their individual contracts.

NIL is not for playing football, but they will likely go to court and try to determine whether that is true in substance and in form.

There's a lot of half-truths in this thread (SALT cap limitations for federal taxes, 51% residency requirements, etc) that are not 100% accurate or there are workarounds that are tried and true.

I will just offer my opinion that state taxation makes a huge difference and that even if someone is able to make the argument that X percent of their income does not apply to a state that has state income tax, you still have to pay the legal fees and CPA firm fees (along with potential penalties if you lose) if you are the first one taking an Uncertain Tax Position in that state.
In other words…just come to Rocky Top 🍊 😎

The only thing we know for certain is that everyone in this thread will be qualified to take the CPA exam by the time he makes his decision.
Monkey Calculate GIF

Let me break this down for everyone. We made a “strong ass offer” nil wise. His family has been comfortable with the staff and class at Tennessee for a good long while. If any program is going to overcome that it would be one like Ohio State but I still feel good here.
ChatGPT, please summarize the past 30 pages of this thread

Slightly off topic.

The OSU On3 mods have to be the biggest, most unprofessional homers in the history of homerism. They’ve done nothing but participate in the ‘Those visits Sanders made over the weekend were just a facade; he’s a Buckeye.’ circle jerk with the rest of the delusional plebes on that board.
^^^haven’t read a UGA message board

The Cornhuskers are trying hard to become a factor late, and they are being considered, but Ohio State still looks to be Tennessee’s biggest competition. It is those three schools in the mix. Georgia has not really been a factor for some time. Tennessee has been as consistent as any school in play for Sanders. His relationships are real with those in Knoxville and other recruits that will play at Tennessee and there is a good feeling by those connected to the program about the Vol’s chances next month.

Simmons

VN Store

Back