'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Columbus is a dump
This...I was up there 3 weeks ago and it was sketchy in the "safe" areas of town. The local news was covering a news story about an area teacher with children that was murdered just doing some mundane task. Not a place you want to be out after dark.

aint **** to do
They have almost 2.2 million people in their metro area, so it's a fairly large city. It would basically be like having UT in Nashville instead of Vanderbilt. They have a soccer team like Nashville, a minor league team in a nice stadium like Nashville. And if you were an Ohio State fan in Columbus, you would be as entertained as any UT fan in Knoxville.

It's probably the best major city in Ohio. You: "That's like being the best turd in the litter box."

Last edited:
This...I was up there 3 weeks ago and it was sketchy in the "safe" areas of town. The local news was covering a news story about an area teacher with children that was murdered just doing some mundane task. Not a place you want to be out after dark.
No offense but that's anywhere USA

Sounds a lot like Memphis..

In cities ranked by Violent Crime rate

St Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, Kansas City are the top 5

Nashville 14

Columbus is 63

Look I don't work for their tourist dept or anything like that, but it's ok to acknowledge that it is a fine city, just not where we want this particular recruit to end up.

So we're back to thinking its OSU?

I need to know where my place in the Worry Circle is? Am I playing snare drum? Kazoo?

@Glitch 👀
I don’t know how this thread descended into a comparison of cities. I should have known better than to wade in, but it’s July and I’ve got Covid so guess I’m bored.

In cities ranked by Violent Crime rate

St Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, Kansas City are the top 5

Nashville 14

Columbus is 63

Look I don't work for their tourist dept or anything like that, but it's ok to acknowledge that it is a fine city, just not where we want this particular recruit to end up.
I was just trying to say shouldn't throw stones at a city, when there's one is this state just as bad or worse. Wasn't trying to knock Columbus.

Do we make them sign an NDA?? Seems like kids are just taking offers and going to the next school with a copy of it and seeing if they could beat it. Obviously not all of them are but are there any repercussions for that?
If we are doing something that gives us a competitive advantage, the last thing Metal or anyone with sense wants to do is post it here for our rivals' convenience.

Is there any update on Sanders’ recruitment. I read something about his wearing Ohio State sleeve on his Instagram page.

The last I heard from Hubbs was he visited Nebraska and UT last weekend.

it’s much bigger than Knoxville and there’s plenty to do. Especially with NIL money in your pocket.
O look, it's brain freeze bruh who rushes in to stan for anyone and everyone we are competing against at any given moment. 🙄 He so truffy.

Isn't tOSU stadium is in a sketchy part of town?

*I saw the backside of the shoe about 10 years ago and I remember not feeling really safe about where me and my wife were at. (We went to Dublin for the Memorial tournament and stopped on our way home)

VN Store

Back