'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Danger, Danger Will Robinson! This does not compute!
Its how they are, I've stated on here a couple of times how they're only fans when they win. There was more bammer fans down here than uga fans during the middle of Satan's run in bammer land. Just like the 90s had a bunch of band wagon fsu and UT fans, you didn't even see a uga tag on the front of any vehicle back then.

it does get obnoxious. and while I certainly wouldn't say its every day in the fall that I hear UGA fans barking at each other, its definitely multiple times a week. and not even counting game days/watching the game.
I had the misfortune of living in Middle Georgia for almost 3 years during the Dawgs back to back run..... So glad to have escaped back home to TN once I had the opportunity.

3 sleeps till we get our guy 😴 🦖 😴 🦖

I get an NIL is part of this recruitment. That being said, Sanders would not come here if he did not believe in Elarbee .

There were some who, probably rightfully so, questioned Elarbee's ability to draw talent last year, even though he develops talent well. Since then, he's landed a former 5 ⭐ in Zalance, landed Bennett Warren, recruited his butt off this cycle and will get a top 5 player in the nation.

You don't have to be a dynamic recruiter. It helps but success on the field, a clear vision, and competency go way farther. Glad to see his hard work paying off in a big way

I get an NIL is part of this recruitment. That being said, Sanders would not come here if he did not believe in Elarbee .

There were some who, probably rightfully so, questioned Elarbee's ability to draw talent last year, even though he develops talent well. Since then, he's landed a former 5 ⭐ in Zalance, landed Bennett Warren, recruited his butt off this cycle and will get a top 5 player in the nation.

You don't have to be a dynamic recruiter. It helps but success on the field, a clear vision, and competency go way farther. Glad to see his hard work paying off in a big way
1723599044163.gif

Truth. If Elarbee didn't have it what takes I doubt Heupel would've hired him at UCF and now Tennessee. People on here are retarded with Elarbee. Solid OL coach. Great developer.

Edit: He was also Heups OL coach at Mizzu during his OC days AND he was Heupels first coaching staff hire when arriving 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

I don’t know the details of his NIL offers, but do we really have enough “F you” money that we can make Ohio State and Nebraska walk away from the table? I always knew our school has more money than most but if so that’s pretty impressive.

Reactions: VOLociraptorr
I don’t know the details of his NIL offers, but do we really have enough “F you” money that we can make Ohio State and Nebraska walk away from the table? I always knew our school has more money than most but if so that’s pretty impressive.

They didn’t walk away from the table. He just wants to be a Vol.

They didn’t walk away from the table. He just wants to be a Vol.
Yes I understand that, but by all accounts I’ve read is that Ohio State was incapable of matching our offer. I don’t know the exact dollar amounts I just know what I read. And just because he wants to be a Vol doesn’t mean our NIL wasn’t better too. Both can be true at the same time.

No OL coach outrecruits the level of their program. How many 5 star OL have Arkansas on their short list? Matt Luke’s name is on waves of 5 stars at UGA but Sanders isn’t even allowing a Clemson hat at his announcement.

Nebraska? They don't have deep pockets. It's not like Warren Buffett is funding their NIL program.

No OL coach outrecruits the level of their program. How many 5 star OL have Arkansas on their short list? Matt Luke’s name is on waves of 5 stars at UGA but Sanders isn’t even allowing a Clemson hat at his announcement.
Yep! And good guys go to good programs. Sanders has a good head on his shoulders so he made a calculated decision to pick the right program for him

A guy like Seaton went to a program that fit his personality

Yes I understand that, but by all accounts I’ve read is that Ohio State was incapable of matching our offer. I don’t know the exact dollar amounts I just know what I read. And just because he wants to be a Vol doesn’t mean our NIL wasn’t better too. Both can be true at the same time.
I bet you have read that from OSU sites or mods, I would take some of it as sour grapes.

it could also be a case of we are his favorites so our NIL number only has to be one number. but the other schools have to offer more in NIL because they aren't his favorite, and that dollar amount is too high for them, but our number for us is easier to afford. just like any job, if I know I like the people, I like the work I do there, like the atmosphere, I would probably keep that job even if another place offered me the same or a little more money. that other place would have to offer me a LOT more to overcome my preference on current job, coworkers, and so forth.

lastly, we have heard from multiple reports that Spyre has some way of structuring deals that gives us a leg up. and something beyond just pure dollar amounts. maybe the payment plan we have just really makes cents, maybe they are great at pointing out the tax advantage of TN over some states with no income tax and how a slightly lower NIL deal may actually have more net value to the player than a slightly larger NIL deal in a state with income tax. maybe its some outside benefit, house for mom and dad, job. lots of possibilities.

whatever it is, I hope it works for us.

Nebraska? They don't have deep pockets. It's not like Warren Buffett is funding their NIL program.
Nebraska isn’t poor. They have many other disadvantages that effects their ability, but they were able to land the #1 5***** QB last year as well as hire one of the more sought after coaches to rebuild their program.

They have plenty of money to be competitive.

It was a legitimate question when he was first hired. his recruiting took off once Darnell Wright went top 10.
When recruits saw him develop Wright into a high first round pick, recruits came around to his style.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Nebraska isn’t poor. They have many other disadvantages that effects their ability, but they were able to land the #1 5***** QB last year as well as hire one of the more sought after coaches to rebuild their program.

They don’t land the 5 star QB if his dad wasn’t Nebraska royalty and on the Nebraska staff. Also the coach they hired was unemployed.

Im not saying Nebraska doesn’t have money. I don’t keep up with their financials. But the qb and coach don’t prove they do. Just sayin

A friend of mine who has close connections into the program said all of Sanders NIL offers were similar in $$. The concern the Sanders family has w/OSU is Day could be fired in 2 years if he doesn’t meet or exceed the lofty expectations. This may have all been discussed but I thought I would pass it on.

Last edited:

This is true. They haven't been good in years and still fill their stadium every week. The Ag industry in Nebraska isn't a poor man's endeavor. Omaha is a center for insurance and other very lucrative business.

In terms of wealth per capita, Nebraska is 11th in the country and within $2500 of being 8th. Their wealth per person is around $15K more than TN. Money isn't their problem... and they really don't have much else other than the Huskers to throw money at. The challenge is what it always was- demographics. You have to talk most of the talented kids to move a thousand miles from home to play for them.

This is true. They haven't been good in years and still fill their stadium every week. The Ag industry in Nebraska isn't a poor man's endeavor. Omaha is a center for insurance and other very lucrative business.

In terms of wealth per capita, Nebraska is 11th in the country and within $2500 of being 8th. Their wealth per person is around $15K more than TN. Money isn't their problem... and they really don't have much else other than the Huskers to throw money at. The challenge is what it always was- demographics. You have to talk most of the talented kids to move a thousand miles from home to play for them.
most of their high school ball is 7v7 right? that has got to really hurt local development.

VN Store

Back