'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Bennett Warren has 3-4 year starter potential at RT. I don’t think they’d risk that to get Sanders on the field. With Lampley and Karic out of eligibility after this season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sanders get a lot of playing time at LG in 2025.

Off topic, but i wonder if Karic is granted a medical redshirt with his medical issues.

Thread? Singular?

Bro, remember there were dozens lol. And I was in every, single, one.

We were ripping through a thread every 2 days there for a while.

It was a glorious time… some of the most fun I’ve had on this site. Morning updates from GrandVol. Heroes, Villains, Mysterious Visitors.

What a time to be alive.
Imagine what it would have been like if Tennessee had actually hired him.

Ohio State mods finally conceding.

The latest on David Sanders​

After a pursuit that has lasted about two years, Ohio State will finally learn their fate in regard to the nation’s top offensive tackle, David Sanders Jr., on Saturday at 12:30 PM EST.

Sanders is set to make his college decision between the Buckeyes, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Georgia, but is most likely going to pick one of the first three aforementioned programs.

Up until a few weeks ago, the Scarlet and Gray were looking in strong position to land a pledge from the five-star-plus prospect. It has been thought that Ohio State and the Volunteers have been the two teams jockeying for position at the top since the spring, and with the Bucks getting the last official visit in late June, the feeling was that OSU solidified themselves as the very likely destination.

But with the last weekend in July open, Sanders chose to make visits to both Lincoln and Knoxville, and not to Columbus, giving Nebraska hope, leaving Tennessee feeling good, and Ohio State clinging on to some cautious optimism. The feeling coming out of those late-July visits now is that the Vols really upped their pitch to the Sanders camp and the consensus feeling amongst insiders, including Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM) picks from On3’s Steve Wiltfong and Chad Simmons (and others), is that Rocky Top is the favorite to land the blue-chipper, who is arguably the top prospect overall in the country.

In speaking with sources familiar with the staff at Tennessee, confidence remains very high going into Saturday’s decision that the Vols will be the pick.

Nebraska isn’t confident, but it seems there is “a glimmer of hope” that Sanders could surprise people and call Lincoln home.

In talking with folks inside the Woody Hayes Athletic Center, I can tell you that they have not been told “no” by the Sanders camp yet, and there is still some cautious optimism left that all of the feelings and reasons that had them as the perceived favorite in late June to mid-July are still existing, potentially making all of the UT-buzz a smokescreen. I can also tell you, though, there doesn’t seem to be as much confidence around Sanders coming to Columbus as there once was, even as recently as a month ago.

I’m going to bow out of making a formal RPM pick on this one, but gun to my head, I’d have to go with the Vols, just given all of the momentum it seems they have coming from that last visit. The NIL opportunity is there, the proximity to home is there, the relationships are there, and the opportunity to get on the field early is there. It’s almost hard at this point to see Sanders picking somewhere else.
-Ohio State On3

Dear Ohio St. Mods,

All of those advantages for Tennessee (NIL, proximity, relationships, and opportunity) were there a month ago, as well.

Also, suck it.

Regards,
All of us
Exactly. And Tennessee didn't "up" its NIL offer that final weekend. As if he had to be in town for that to happen.

This was always about relationships.

VN Store

Back