'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

I just looked this up and Heupel has had less decommitments in the last three recruiting cycles combined as Pruitt had every single cycle he was here. 7 across 3 years for Heupel; 18 in 2021, 15 in 2020, and 9 in 2019 for Pruitt
Serious question. How many of those under Heupel were high profile recruits? I don't remember many, if any at all. I seem to remember it was mostly ones that we may have encouraged the grass was greener elsewhere.

Serious question. How many of those under Heupel were high profile recruits? I don't remember many, if any at all. I seem to remember it was mostly ones that we may have encouraged the grass was greener elsewhere.
Glad you asked cuz I looked this up as well! Of the nine guys that have decommitted under Heupel, the only one that was a Top-247 player was Tony Mitchell. Mitchell was ranked #124 in the country in the 2023 class and flipped to Bama, the in-state school. He's currently enrolled at a Mississippi CC.

The TE that followed coach to USF is the only one I can really remember and he was a borderline guy anyway.

Reactions: COOKEVOL
Glad you asked cuz I looked this up as well! Of the nine guys that have decommitted under Heupel, the only one that was a Top-247 player was Tony Mitchell. Mitchell was ranked #124 in the country and flipped to Bama, the in-state school. He's currently enrolled at a Mississippi CC.
That says a lot. Gotta love how things are looking on Rocky Top. Envy of many schools.

I just looked this up and Heupel has had less decommitments in the last three recruiting cycles combined as Pruitt had every single cycle he was here. 7 across 3 years for Heupel; 18 in 2021, 15 in 2020, and 9 in 2019 for Pruitt
I didn’t know the exact numbers, but that was the reason I asked the question.
Heupel has had very few, and most of the ones he has had were apparently encouraged to explore other options.

Last edited:
The TE that followed coach to USF is the only one I can really remember and he was a borderline guy anyway.

I really wouldn’t even count that considering they didn’t seem too bothered with him flipping.

Probably had concerns about his long term ACL recovery.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
This program was nothing more than a pleasure stop on the recruiting trail, during that idiots “tenure.”
Recruits knew they could come to Knoxville, be treated like royalty and probably leave for home with a bag in hand.
Then they would string along the delusional staff and milk the recruitment for all they could.
What a 💩 show!

Reactions: hooter vol
That’s a really good stat. You might not be the troll I thought you were.

Flipping still happens but it has happened a lot less over the last 3-4 years. And especially with the cream of the crop recruits (5 stars).
Pretty much. Kids want to commit before their season starts then focus on their high school season. Not to mention they’re usually locked into an NIL deal if they’re elite pretty quickly

Reactions: PA Vol
You’re probably wrong. A kid that has been this deliberate about the recruiting process isn’t going to jump ship in the 11th hour because of a few unfavorable results. Recruits, as a rule, are far less reactive than fans.
Nah man, guy and his family that have spent the last 12-18 months negotiating a $M dollar, multi-year NIL agreement are going to walk away if we lose to Florida.

Jk - it was just another bad take.

VN Store

Back