'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

I dont think cfb is ready for CJH to have an elite TE. would be game changing for his playcalling
Ethan Davis makes me wonder how good this offense hasn’t been…
As explosive as it is, what if the offense truly becomes unstoppable?

What if we could put 50 points on not just Kentucky but Georgia too??

Not sure about that. We’re probably biased too - we have an elite Edge.

Elite EDGE is valued at double that of Elite TE in the NFL.
Maybe in the NFL where you have to pick and choose where to invest based on salary cap. In college you can really load up as much as you want.

If he’s the #1 TE in the country but would be the #6 Edge wouldn’t you want him at TE?

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Maybe in the NFL where you have to pick and choose where to invest based on salary cap. In college you can really load up as much as you want.

If he’s the #1 TE in the country but would be the #6 Edge wouldn’t you want him at TE?
Maybe? Idk.

But the supposition was that he was equally awesome at either. (That may not be true, this is a silly hypothetical after all).

To use another NFL analogy- would you rather have a Nick Bosa/ Myles Garrett or a George Kittle / Travis Kelce?

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
Maybe? Idk.

But the supposition was that he was equally awesome at either. (That may not be true, this is a silly hypothetical after all).

To use another NFL analogy- would you rather have a Nick Bosa/ Myles Garrett or a George Kittle / Travis Kelce?
I was under the assumption he was an elite TE and an above average Edge. If he’s equally dominate than I would just put him where your team is the weakest. This year it would be TE. When he gets here, who knows?

There's no debate really, imo.
It’s fun watching all the rationalizing.
If it were a true discussion about unknown players the takes would be different.

But I get it.

Kid wants to play TE. We want him to come play TE here. So come be the next coming of Gronk in Knoxville. I’d be down for that.

Agree but can the play calling really get better than 2022?
The 2024 season will be the first time that CJH has his own hand-picked, personally recruited qb. It's quite possible that we haven't even seen all that he has in mind offensively. And as we continue to accumulate high-end receivers, backs and tight ends to go with these QBs we may see the offense evolve even more.

And Joe got drafted and made an NFL roster with the large sample size we have of him. It’s easy to see why coaches think they can fix his issues.

I’m not faulting anyone. But the post I quoted gave the impression CJH has been saddled with QBs he never wanted and finally has “his guy” is false.

I’m not faulting anyone. But the post I quoted gave the impression CJH has been saddled with QBs he never wanted and finally has “his guy” is false.
Any coach would FEEL fortunate for the two years that Hendon Hooker gave the Vols.

So does Heupel. Hooker did not saddle Heupel system. He enhanced it honestly…

The 2024 season will be the first time that CJH has his own hand-picked, personally recruited qb. It's quite possible that we haven't even seen all that he has in mind offensively. And as we continue to accumulate high-end receivers, backs and tight ends to go with these QBs we may see the offense evolve even more.
You really think we can top 46 ppg? I just don’t see it.

Maybe my post was misleading. Hooker and Milton were both taken out of the portal (yes, he did recruit Milton to UCF) in Heupel‘s first full season of recruiting. Nico was the first High School QB Heupel identified, targeted and went all in to get. $8,000,000 🤔
So, my post was meant to reflect that Nico is the QB CJH felt could run his system like none of the QB available that year. If my memory is right the #1 guy went to USC got beat out transferred to Boise St? and got beat out again.

So, this just confirms to me that Nico was the guy coach Heupel wanted because he felt that he was the best QB to fully open the play book with.
Since then CHJ has identified QBs that he feels will run his offense and hasn’t used the portal for another QB.

I love both Hendo and Joe!! They are both true VFL🧡🧡

Maybe my post was misleading. Hooker and Milton were both taken out of the portal (yes, he did recruit Milton to UCF) in Heupel‘s first full season of recruiting. Nico was the first High School QB Heupel identified, targeted and went all in to get. $8,000,000 🤔
So, my post was meant to reflect that Nico is the QB CJH felt could run his system like none of the QB available that year. If my memory is right the #1 guy went to USC got beat out transferred to Boise St? and got beat out again.

So, this just confirms to me that Nico was the guy coach Heupel wanted because he felt that he was the best QB to fully open the play book with.
Since then CHJ has identified QBs that he feels will run his offense and hasn’t used the portal for another QB.

I love both Hendo and Joe!! They are both true VFL🧡🧡
Not poking the bear but Nico was the #1 guy of that class.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back