'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

They see Petty as an interior, so likely if we land the trio of Sanders/Petty/Matthews, Petty will be the one to slide interior since he is shorter
I think it was Wilfong who said Petty was an interior guy and some think he can be a center based on great feet.

The only knock on him is that he didn’t win a lot of games last season.

But I think he’ll put that to rest this season.
BA is going to State

I’m mainly just taking about his ability and I lead and influence right now. Players gravitate toward him.

On the pod this morning AP said that Tennessee did as well as they could with the Sanders visits. He also said that he wouldn't say Tennessee is the leader but he wouldn't say that Tennessee is necessarily trailing anyone right now. Sanders spend a lot of time with Trey Smith too. To me, it seems like we knocked it out of the park. I don't usually make predictions, but this feels Vol to me

On the pod this morning AP said that Tennessee did as well as they could with the Sanders visits. He also said that he wouldn't say Tennessee is the leader but he wouldn't say that Tennessee is necessarily trailing anyone right now. Sanders spend a lot of time with Trey Smith too. To me, it seems like we knocked it out of the park. I don't usually make predictions, but this feels Vol to me
He said Tennessee was the leader last night during the chat

The comfort level that Sanders has with the program, the players, Mac, other recruits, and his family’s comfort level is what will make him a Vol. And they had him drive the car from Charlotte this time so he could get used to it. Everything about this feels like Tennessee.

I love that we’re getting back to treating the Carolinas…especially North Carolina…like it’s instate. It practically is. When Tennessee is good, we get Carolina kids.

The comfort level that Sanders has with the program, the players, Mac, other recruits, and his family’s comfort level is what will make him a Vol. And they had him drive the car from Charlotte this time so he could get used to it. Everything about this feels like Tennessee.

I love that we’re getting back to treating the Carolinas…especially North Carolina…like it’s instate. It practically is. When Tennessee is good, we get Carolina kids.
Friday he went to a class to get the feel of that as well.

He said specifically.

Tennessee is in the top 2 and If he had to put in a Crystal ball for any program right now who would it be and he said TN.

So with that second answer there could be some projection based of trajectory there. (PS I would now agree with him and do the same as of today).

As I said yesterday we did everything right the last two weeks (and have the entire recruitment TBF) but this one still has to be finished properly.

The going to class, hanging with former players who are successful in the pros and driving to campus sound very nice but this is a very diligent and smart family, so they likely have done the same things with Clemson so far.

He said specifically.

Tennessee is in the top 2 and If he had to put in a Crystal ball for any program right now who would it be and he said TN.

So with that second answer there could be some projection based of trajectory there. (PS I would now agree with him and do the same as of today).

As I said yesterday we did everything right the last two weeks (and have the entire recruitment TBF) but this one still has to be finished properly.

The going to class, hanging with former players who are successful in the pros and driving to campus sound very nice but this is a very diligent and smart family, so they likely have done the same things with Clemson so far.
Who are recent Clemson OL with Super Bowl RINGS? And first round draft picks?

Not to be that guy, but they have two national championship rings in the last several years.
Last one was SEVERAL years back…as in SIX. My point was more towards NFL recency bias. Which offensive linemen do they have with Trey’s hardware or Darnell’s first round draft status? And Robbie Caldwell retired in 2021 so Dabo can’t even utilize his OL coach as an example of development.

Last one was SEVERAL years back…as in SIX. My point was more towards NFL recency bias. Which offensive linemen do they have with Trey’s hardware or Darnell’s first round draft status? And Robbie Caldwell retired in 2021 so Dabo can’t even utilize his OL coach as an example of development.
It's a fair point but they are selling Matt Luke's development on the OL and his draft personal coaching results not Clemson old OL results.

VN Store

Back