'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

We had some seriously awful OL coaches, too. I feel for guys like Jack Jones and Drew Richmond. I’m sure there are others. But they had NFL upside, and our coaches + S&C absolutely ruined their chances. We’ve turned a corner for sure, but it’s been a brutal stretch.
Richmond just wasn’t good. Way overrated as a recruit. Didn’t have the feet.

He was a 5 star on Rivals and a high 4 star on all other services. Clearly, something was there. Sorry he didn’t pass your eye test.
Some of y’all act like ratings from website nerds are science. Then when they’re proven wrong, it can’t be that they were wrong. It must be some other reason. 🙄

I remember telling people on message boards during his recruitment that he was overrated. I was right. You can’t coach quickness and athleticism. He didn’t have it.

Some of y’all act like ratings from website nerds are science. Then when they’re proven wrong, it can’t be that they were wrong. It must be some other reason. 🙄

I remember telling people on message boards during his recruitment that he was overrated. I was right. You can’t coach quickness and athleticism. He didn’t have it.
058425FD-8F77-4D3C-9478-5DE51A348115.gif

We had some seriously awful OL coaches, too. I feel for guys like Jack Jones and Drew Richmond. I’m sure there are others. But they had NFL upside, and our coaches + S&C absolutely ruined their chances. We’ve turned a corner for sure, but it’s been a brutal stretch.
Didn't Jack Jones suffer an injury that ended his football career?

It’s funny how it’s “hindsight” even though I said it at the time. Just like I argued that Jennings wasn’t going to be a QB at UT. And neither was Holiday. People actually argued all those things with me.

But then when I’m proven right, it’s “hindsight.”

But yeah, I arbitrarily brought it up to lie about calling it with Richmond. 🙄

It was pretty easy to see for those of us who saw him in high school. Except for the website nerds who rated him. Which is telling.

Ratings are also based on potential. He was deemed to have the potential to be a high ceiling player. It can't take into account development and work ethic. Somethings can't be measured.

Ratings are also based on potential. He was deemed to have the potential to be a high ceiling player. It can't take into account development and work ethic. Somethings can't be measured.
His lack of feet required to play OT was obvious. That’s not a coachable thing. That’s a “measurable” thing. A good football evaluator could see it. Website nerds are not that.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
His lack of feet required to play OT was obvious. That’s not a coachable thing. That’s a “measurable” thing. A good football evaluator could see it. Website nerds are not that.
Then the coaches should've moved him to guard, which happens most of the time with Tackles with bad feet.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He is a premier left tackle out of Charlotte Providence Day, and he and MacIntyre already have a relationship. The two have visited different schools together, they communicate and they have had conversations about playing on the same team. When Sanders was in Tuscaloosa and Knoxville for games in the fall, MacIntyre was on the same visits. Expect when Sanders returns to Knoxville for MacIntyre to be there. This is one to watch with the new quarterback in the fold.

Simmons

VN Store

Back