'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

But not for US.
It was a big talking point last off season in the spring and fall camp about how he had been about himself and his stats and not about how he fit within the defense to benefit the team. He had supposedly bought in. Baron addressed it himself in an interview and Coach RG did as well. It doesn't take a full blown Jeremy Banks incident for a player to be toxic. How veterans carry themselves and go about their daily business can greatly impact younger, impressionable teammates.

Don’t believe the feedback for that option was what he wanted to hear
Even so- he had one more year of eligibility?

So he wastes that trying to reestablish himself at another school and get more NIL money… after he had his best statistical season??

No. At some point of you have to bet on yourself , train hard and let the chips fall where they may.

His people failed him

It was a big talking point last off season in the spring and fall camp about how he had been about himself and his stats and not about how he fit within the defense to benefit the team. He had supposedly bought in. Baron addressed it himself in an interview and Coach RG did as well. It doesn't take a full blown Jeremy Banks incident for a player to be toxic. How veterans carry themselves and go about their daily business can greatly impact younger, impressionable teammates.
Heupel wouldn’t have tolerated a malignant cancer element imo. At worst he played portal roulette, groused over what he landed and PRODUCED for three seasons with teammates who would vouch for him. What he did AFTER he departed doesn’t factor.

So he wastes that trying to reestablish himself at another school and get more NIL money… after he had his best statistical season??

No. At some point of you have to bet on yourself , train hard and let the chips fall where they may.

His people failed him
As evidenced by him committing to Ole Miss, decommitting and ending up at Louisville, then being kicked off the team and winding up at Miami. All in the course of a semester.

His people failed him

Idk I can see the majority of people taking the 1 year of guaranteed money and then going after the NFL the following year

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
That's Louisville tho
You guys are acting like he changed who he was as a person over a 2-3 month period. That's who he is. Our culture and team leadership didn't allow those behaviors to have the same negative impact that he instantly had at Louisville. I'm going to stop at this post though, because this conversation has derailed the Sanders thread.

Last post from me about BARON in the SANDERS thread. His recruitment was dramatic, every off-season mirrored said drama with his name floated as a target for our rivals (especially Kentucky) and every off-season my fingernails were chew-safe. Was always prepared for him to depart and never felt he was irreplaceable. That stated, EVERY season he played for us he produced and relentlessly brought it and I never perceived any Hurd level negative dynamics with his teammates. THAT is the legacy I’ll go with. Not even wishing him luck…just not cursing the reality of his Vols legacy. It was a good experience.

You guys are acting like he changed who he was as a person over a 2-3 month period. That's who he is. Our culture and team leadership didn't allow those behaviors to have the same negative impact that he instantly had at Louisville. I'm going to stop at this post though, because this conversation has derailed the Sanders thread.

By all accounts I've seen, he was a model teammate here, that's all I'm saying. No need to tear him down. He's moved on. So should we.

VN Store

Back