'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

I'm a little worried that he won't get to size and strength fast enough.

He's very lean for an OT. Very athletic yes, but really lean.

I think the 5 star CB and Keith's old teammate is the most crucial.
He's a 5 star for reason. Elite speed with hands and feet and is stronger than his size. I'll take Sanders all day long. As would any other team in the country

I'm a little worried that he won't get to size and strength fast enough.

He's very lean for an OT. Very athletic yes, but really lean.

I think the 5 star CB and Keith's old teammate is the most crucial.
He’s 270 now, so he has his senior year and his freshman year at UT to get over 300. With Heard, Bennett, and Umarov on the roster, Sanders wouldn’t be counted on to start until 2026 (after Heard goes pro early, presumably). That’s plenty of time to gain weight/strength.

On the pod today, AP mentioned that the out of state recruit most impacted by GMac's decision is Sanders. According to AP, they are very tight and have similar personalities
I saw an interview of him as he was leaving Knoxville after I think a visit for a game. Just everything about him was solid in the way that he handled himself. I did not know he was elite like that. I thought we need this kind of kid in our program.

Sanders made the visit from Charlotte with his family, including his mother. That right there is noteworthy. Sanders has always profiled as a Clemson fit culturally. So getting him in town during a weekend like this one only stood to totally register with Sanders and his family. He got to see experience Clemson's program intimately and in its entirety, including how it approaches NIL. I wrote last week that Clemson resonates with Sanders in ways that other programs do not, but at the same time lacks in other ways too. Or, have lacked (emphasis on past tense) in development when it comes to offensive linemen and the NFL. Enter Luke, who could be the X-factor come decision time. And to be clear, Sanders is not that close to a decision. Sanders has favored Georgia, but he hasn't exited the information-gathering stage of the recruitment. In other words, he's not already under the umbrella of Georgia's-to-lose. And I think this past weekend proved that. Also helps Clemson's case that Alabama just lost Nick Saban. Think I'd be a little surprised if Tennessee ends up being the pick when it's all said and done.

You could see him visit Georgia or Tennessee next weekend. Georgia holds a junior day. And he was supposed to visit UT last weekend but inclement weather prevented the trip from happening.”
-Anna Adams

Reactions: Orange.
Talent part is obvious. Seems like from all the interviews whoever gets him is getting a great kid as well from a good family. Clemson makes the least sense to me personally just bc that program hasn’t been the best at sending kids to the league at his position. It’s obviously an issue for them to even bring it up. Really think it comes down to us or UGA but I could be wrong.

Clemson did land a lot of linemen after this weekend. Need to land a few hits before Matt Luke becomes a problem, especially in the surrounding states.

VN Store

Back