'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Not a coincidence that Nebraska fell off the map at about the same time the NCAA started cracking down on PEDs.

The dudes on those Osborne teams had arms bigger than most people’s legs.
I was at the Orange Bowl when we played them in 97. Before the game we were walking around the outside of the stadium and Nebraskas Oline were stretching out a little bit in the basement of the stadium . Those guys all had legs that’s looked like oak trees. I didn’t tell my son but I knew we were in for a long day. No doubt they were chemically enhanced.

David Sanders Jr. on Hudl

Keep raiding Charlotte for football and basketball prospects.

I still think Tennessee it’s a close race, and Ohio State still seems to feel good about its chances, which is to be expected. But based on what I’ve personally heard, I would still lean toward thinking the Vols have the best chance of landing him.

I’ve felt that way for a while. The only thing that has really changed recently is that there’s been more talk of Nebraska being a darkhorse contender, so it might be a little more of a three-team race than it initially appeared to be. But my feelings about Tennessee’s chances haven’t changed.”

RC

Fwiw I believe if you speak kingvflese you wouldve caught that i pointed to Nebraska as a serious option and maybe #2 iirc.

All I’ll say is this- Jordan Seaton was maybe the wildest recruitment I’ve ever seen but it wasn’t unexpected necessarily because the kid was always all over the place.

If David Sanders ends up anywhere but Tennessee, I’d put it up there as the weirdest recruitment I’ve ever seen. Family was super methodical and diligent until the last month and then started listening to random schools like Nebraska? I just don’t buy it. Vol imo.
Sounds like big $$$$$ changed their tune

If we swing and Amish on all three of our last OT prospects, that will be dissappointing. Only bc we need linemen in this class. And every class.
I mean yes it would suck to miss on Sanders. But Utu Moore and Ogumoro wouldn’t be a bad haul, leaves room for 2-3 transfers if we really need them. We did have 7 offensive linemen last class and 7 the class before (including transfers). Not exactly Dooley offensive linemen recruiting here

meh, couldnt give one flying eff about Nebraska. Doesnt even move the needle.
I just cheer against them so we can pass them on the all time wins and % list. Same for USC, Penn State, and Oklahoma. Georgia is close to us and FSU is up there in %, so I want them to lose too. Obviously, I also want Georgia to lose for other reasons.

You thinking every OT recruit goes rumspringa away from the Vols?

yes, sure there will be some disappointment on our side, bc staff did a damn good job recruiting those three dudes. That said life goes on, Spyre and Company will help us get a Portal tackle, have no doubt.

Last edited:
Focus People Focus John Stamos GIF

I was at the Orange Bowl when we played them in 97. Before the game we were walking around the outside of the stadium and Nebraskas Oline were stretching out a little bit in the basement of the stadium . Those guys all had legs that’s looked like oak trees. I didn’t tell my son but I knew we were in for a long day. No doubt they were chemically enhanced.
Who was it that was arguing on here a while back that steroids wasn’t much of an advantage for those Nebraska teams?

VN Store

Back