'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon (Tennessee commit)

Because it happens so infrequently
Actually the opposite is true we get more guys getting bumps than the other way around usually.. Just people love focusing on the negative. In fact its more that guys don't get bumped that people complain about not them getting downgraded. For every 4 star we sign that does not get bumped to 5 star we have 3-4 3 stars bumped to 4.

Most people lose their ratings for 2 main reasons. They are already committed and don't participate in a lot of the big events. Or someone else performs in ways that set them above. Also injuries. This applies if they are UT commits or any other school.

Reactions: Purplehaze26
You just experience negative bias like so many people do. We see it in many aspects of life. Like in poker, people remember way more negative events than positive.

Actually the opposite is true we get more guys getting bumps than the other way around usually.. Just people love focusing on the negative. In fact its more that guys don't get bumped that people complain about not them getting downgraded. For every 4 star we sign that does not get bumped to 5 star we have 3-4 3 stars bumped to 4.

Most people lose their ratings for 2 main reasons. They are already committed and don't participate in a lot of the big events. Or someone else performs in ways that set them above. Also injuries. This applies if they are UT commits or any other school.
It was blatantly obvious this year…we had maybe 6 guys out of our commits that got bumped some but the rest mostly got dropped or stayed the same one even lost a star…would be a good case study. Inherit bias and prejudice runs rampant on recruiting sites. There have been a few recruiting analyst going on podcast saying coaches call them to get players either lowered/raised in the rankings to help their team out..

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
This guy wont drop in the rankings, at least significantly. He is like nico, and his talent is undeniable. Nico’s rating fluctuated slightly, both up and down, after he committed, but no major change. I think it will be same case with Brandon

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
This guy wont drop in the rankings, at least significantly. He is like nico, and his talent is undeniable. Nico’s rating fluctuated slightly, both up and down, after he committed, but no major change. I think it will be same case with Brandon

Would be kinda crazy to complain if he did considering there’s still 14 months before his ESD

Reactions: pimo1
Would be kinda crazy to complain if he did considering there’s still 14 months before his ESD
and high school football seasons are still ongoing..... of course over the course of the season ranking will changes as players... PLAY lol

These guys are constantly saying person X should be bumped but there is never a reason other than we want him to be? How about based on his performance on the field? To all the people complaining (I know not you marco) a question.. what are Faizon Brandons stats so far this year? How is his team doing? I do not know the answer to that question but I'm not complaining either because ill check on al that at the end of the season when it matters.

@GoodTimes whats your pitch for the guys who dropped? are any of them balling out? who are these guys? I mean you're just making random claims you say 6 got bumped but some random amount got dropped? I would think the same list that has the risers has those who fell? Again its middle of season....none of these rankings are final for a good long while.

It happens way more often than not. It happens literally every year. Don’t know why you think otherwise other than you just like to argue.
It's not like it happens only to UT. It happens to all schools; we just don't take note of it since we don't follow those schools as closely.

Mike Farrel of rivals.com was on full ride, selling his recruitment services. He said he could get you up to date on social media and videos for schools and some contacts with group of 5 schools. This is all a game, it is only about how many services you PAY for instead of how elite or the competition your actual playing is.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
We are the only school in America in which everyone hates and conspires against us, including ESPN, CFP committee, recruiting services, umps, refs, officials etc

They all get together before games or before the season to decide how they can screw us.

This is an unproven factoid !

VN Store

Back