NCAA Football 2005

Originally posted by Memphis_Volunteer@Nov 1, 2004 8:21 PM
Anybody here play it? In my opinion, it is the best football video game ever. :bow:

it's a good game, but they give tennessee no love...Their all under rated

Starting out, Neyland Stadium is the second hardest stadium to play in as the visitor, with Florida's "The Swamp" :yuck: being hardest. But after playing one season on there, I made Neyland the hardest. I love how the screen will start shaking as the fans at Neyland start going crazy, yelling, "defense, defense..." It's a great feeling, even if it is only a game. I still say it's an awesome game.

By the way, on that game, I beat USC 45-7 in the Orange Bowl and won the national championship with Tennessee. I'm afraid the difficulty setting might be a little bit too easy, as I beat Notre Dame 113-6. Reckon I'll have to take it up a notch.

The computer can be a little bit too easy sometimes. For example, earlier I beat Appalachia State (or something like that) 230-0 with Tennessee. I've never heard of that school, but I more than doubled the old (and real) record of 103 points in a game, in case you were wondering, by Wyoming in 1949. 103 points is a lot of points.

Not only is it a great game, it is also a great way to keep track of all the different Tennessee teams that we have been blessed with. I like to play the older ones sometimes just as a reminder of all the players who have come through this program.

Yeah, I love playing games with teams from the 30s and 40s. They wear those old uniforms and all--it's awesome!

Originally posted by Memphis_Volunteer@Nov 1, 2004 8:43 PM
...earlier I beat Appalachia State (or something like that) 230-0 with Tennessee. I've never heard of that school...

I think you were probably playing the Appalachian State Mountaineers which is located in Boone, NC.. They're a SoCon team. We (my school) used to play them before the football program was terminated.

Yeah, that's them. Well, I beat the crap out of them. I just picked the first team I had never heard of and played them. I rushed for over 900 yds. (not too mention 26 rushing TDs) and over 1,100 yards total offense. Althogether I netted over 1,400 total yds., including a punt returned for a TD and several close punt returns that were almost TDs. My defense held AS to -95 rushing yds. and about 70 total offensive yards. My defense got 13 sacks and five INTs. Of course, with me kicking off so much, AS got a lot of kick return yds., and I never had to punt. I had one FG and the rest were TDs. It was a little bit too easy.

You can get this game at Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc., in the electronics department. Of course, it's also available at any game retailers.

wish there was a college tour{aka} madden!! :censored:
not that i could hang!! :cool:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Nov 1, 2004 7:57 PM
Which to you guys play ps2 or xbox?

I have both systems... But I prefer playing football on the XBox. I just have ESPN NFL 2K5, so that's my football game for this year. I might buy NBA Live 2005...

Originally posted by utwhit+Nov 1, 2004 10:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (utwhit @ Nov 1, 2004 10:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Memphis_Volunteer@Nov 1, 2004 8:43 PM
...earlier I beat Appalachia State (or something like that) 230-0 with Tennessee.  I&#39;ve never heard of that school...

I think you were probably playing the Appalachian State Mountaineers which is located in Boone, NC.. They&#39;re a SoCon team. We (my school) used to play them before the football program was terminated. [/quote]
Hey, your right up the road from me because you have to be referring to the East Tennessee State Bucs. I go to Tusculum down here in Greeneville. We have a pretty good football program that&#39;s a little down this season but we did beat Catawba a couple of weeks ago when they were the number 3 team in DII in the country. Anyway, don&#39;t want to stray too far off topic but are the Bucs going to play in the Mini Dome this year for Basketball? I heard they were going to tear the Dome down so I figured all that&#39;s left is the old gym.

I have the NCAA 2005 game and it&#39;s very fun to play. If you bump the difficulty up to Heisman and use sliders provided on sites like Gamefaqs.com you can have much closer games. I started out as South Carolina in my latest dynasty for a change and to try to build the program. My first year I went 6-6, 2nd 7-5, 3rd 8-4, 4th 10-2, and 5th 11-0 (and I wasn&#39;t bowl eligible because I was on probation at the time). I&#39;m really looking forward to the ESPN College Hoops 2k5 coming out next week. The Dynasty mode looks amazing as well as having the ESPN "touch" and a 19.99 price tag.

DD

I&#39;m a big PS2 fan and NCAA football, any year, is the best football game ever&#33;

I played 7 season on all-american and won a few heismans and national championships.

Heisman is way too hard&#33;IMO

Originally posted by Memphis_Volunteer@Nov 1, 2004 10:45 PM
Yeah, that&#39;s them. Well, I beat the crap out of them. I just picked the first team I had never heard of and played them. I rushed for over 900 yds. (not too mention 26 rushing TDs) and over 1,100 yards total offense. Althogether I netted over 1,400 total yds., including a punt returned for a TD and several close punt returns that were almost TDs. My defense held AS to -95 rushing yds. and about 70 total offensive yards. My defense got 13 sacks and five INTs. Of course, with me kicking off so much, AS got a lot of kick return yds., and I never had to punt. I had one FG and the rest were TDs. It was a little bit too easy.

It&#39;s no wonder you beat them so bad. Even though they were ranked 17th in I-AA last week, they lost to one of the worst schools in I-AA. UT-Chattanooga beat them 59-56... NO overtime.

UTC rolled up 695 total yards against ASU. In all, there was 1,337 yds of total offense between the 2 schools in 1 game. It sounds like the 1,100 yds of total offense for the Vols is not too far fetched?

And you want to know how bad UTC is?

L Memphis 21-52
L Jacksonville St 20-65
L Ga Southern 17-51
L Wofford 21-56
L Tenn Tech 34-52
L Elon 26-35
W Western Carolina 27-24
W Appy State 59-56

62828_CStevens-web.jpg

On some sports games you can update the roster online if you have PS2 live....does anyone know if you can get an updated roster on NCAA with Schaeffer and Ainge

VN Store

Back