Neat Ranking of the SEC Coaches

lsutiga

I saw allvol's thread and thought I'd share. Would have posted in his thread but figured the poll would be buried but mods can obviously handle it as they choose or whatever is the pleasure of the group.

Clcik on the link below and you can move your choices up or down after they're placed, too.

ESPN - List Ranker - Rank 'Em: SEC Coaches

Here are the current standings:
1 Urban Meyer
2 Steve Spurrier
3 Mark Richt
4 Les Miles
5 Nick Saban
6 Tommy Tuberville
7 Phillip Fulmer
8 Bobby Petrino
9 Houston Nutt
10 Sylvester Croom
11 Rich Brooks
12 Bobby Johnson

GO VOLS! Whip that PAC10 azz bruthas!

Of the current rankings, I think maybe Les Miles and Mark Richt are a little bit overrated and Bobby Johnson is a bit underrated. But overall the page makes a good point. Although there is ultimately a consensus, I had a hard time ranking those guys. Not that I'm an expert or anything.

Interesting results. Thanks for the link.
You're welcome.

Of the current rankings, I think maybe Les Miles and Mark Richt are a little bit overrated and Bobby Johnson is a bit underrated. But overall the page makes a good point. Although there is ultimately a consensus, I had a hard time ranking those guys. Not that I'm an expert or anything.
Well, you can vote more than once so you know how valid that makes it. FWIW, I put Miles below Spurrier, Richt, Tubbs, Meyer, yes, Saban lol. just for kicks in hopes of hearing my LSU brethren scream should Satin finish higher. :)

I think you are spot on. Give Bobby Johnson Georgia or LSU players and I think he does pretty well. How good is Vandy with Richt, Miles, Tuberville? Although I think Spurrier and Meyers would make Vandy competitive.

I think Bobby Johnson is an excellent coach. But what does he have to work with? It's hard to rank him above coaches who have done more considering Vanderbilt consistently has a losing record, but I would hazard a guess that with equal talent, he would probably be well above a few SEC coaches in terms of coaching ability.

I think Bobby Johnson is an excellent coach. But what does he have to work with? It's hard to rank him above coaches who have done more considering Vanderbilt consistently has a losing record, but I would hazard a guess that with equal talent, he would probably be well above a few SEC coaches in terms of coaching ability.

what has he done that's any different than the previous Vandy coaches?

what has he done that's any different than the previous Vandy coaches?

They are no longer an automatic win for anyone in the SEC. They compete in the toughest conference from top to bottom.

They are no longer an automatic win for anyone in the SEC. They compete in the toughest conference from top to bottom.

and yet Johnson still averages a bit over 3 wins per year. I don't really see that as any different

and yet Johnson still averages a bit over 3 wins per year. I don't really see that as any different

Maybe so but I think Johnson has done some good work with Vanderbilt. I had a friend that played under him with the Palladins so maybe I'm just biased but I think he has done a better than expected job at Vandy given the SEC's dominance and surge over the past four years or so.

VN Store

Back