Need a new commitment

surrealvol

Okay, it's been a drab few days. We need someone to push the magic Vol button and get a new "Big Time" recruit to commit to the "Big Orange"!

amen I check rivals and scout.com everyday to see if we've gotten a new kid....we've got so many kids on the verge it gets me excited....as long as i dont see phillips or slick declare somewhere else ill be fine.......Turner to USC nearly stopped my heart for a few seconds I was so sick.......If Patrick sticks with his commitment this is for him :moon2: :shakeit:

I agree. I wonder if the Foster and Coker have scared other RBs off?

coker is the real deal. i wouldnt want to go to tennessee with him being there.

That is what I keep hearing. Griff is really keen on foster as well. We have not had breakaway speed in the backfield for a few years.

what is fosters first name and what recruiting class was he in?

Arian Foster was a true freshman last year. He redshirted last year because of the depth at TB. He is from CA.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 23, 2005 2:09 PM
what is fosters first name and what recruiting class was he in?

arian. he was a very late commitment last year and was redshirted this season. some say he is the second best back on the team now behidn gerald

quote from foster
"I'm shifty and I have good vision. But I'd like to be faster and have more leg strength. I'd like to think that I'm as good as Reggie Bush (USC) who also played down here in San Diego (Helix HS). But Reggie's faster than me."

wow , if he is i would say he is a steal. a three star recruit i hope he does well for us.

You can make a three star into a better player. I just hope Foster has been hitting the weights and working the windsprints.

Sometimes a three star player is much more motivated to get better. One observation from the HS allstar game. The kids from the west seemed a step quicker this year. Maybe this is a trend. They also looked a little better coached though.

yeah i know. its just rare for something like this to happen. i hope he is motivated and just takes over the volnation.

You have to realize the competition levels from southern California and Seattle high schools... It's amazing. You have high schools 4,000+ kids in it, so the competition within them is amazing by itself. But then you have many other high schools in a similar spot within the state, so it's literally like college preparation straight out of high school. Seattle is sort of like a microcosm of SoCal. There are some schools in Oregon like that, too.

down here in flordia its like that two. jacksonville has college prospects like crazy.

Yeah, I'm aware. Florida, California and Texas are all like that.

It just kind of frustrates me, becaue I think that Oregon has at least 6 or 7 schools at the least that could compete with schools on that level.

Arian Foster's mother post on another board and gives alot of insight. She said that Arian is upto 218lbs and still runs a 4.5 40. Whe told the resaon he transferred from New Mexico to California was the coach said he wasn't running back material.

VN Store

Back