Nervous

Lexvol

I'm Your Huckleberry
Is anyone else nervous that the press has not picked the SEC east champion correctly since 1995? Last year GA had all of the potential that TN has this year.

About this time every year, I believe everyone gets just a little superstitious.

Preseason media always makes it that much worse.

When UT comes out ranked #10 or #12, Myself figure into it that we are much better than that. They must just go out and prove it!

Starting out right up in the top 5 while exciting, Theres not alot of room to do anything but maintain or fall from grace.

We as the fans, almost have to hope the team does not buy into any of the media. Just go out play UT football, take care of the weeks buisness.

Its all ours to lose...IMO

I am a little nervous. I don't like all of the preseason attention being on us. Although, Florida has gotten their share as well. I would much rather them pick us second in the East.

You have to remember though freak, all those talented recruits that we are trying to get are also hearing all of that preseason talk.

I'm not worried about being picked to win the SEC. Just because nobody has been picked and won it since 95, doesn't mean that we can't. If the Vols don't, then they obviously didn't get the job done.....but if they do... :D

its funny. alot of the media outlets pick us to win the sec, but they also pick uf to beat us. strange stuff.

Originally posted by Lexvol@Jul 31, 2005 12:16 PM
Is anyone else nervous that the press has not picked the SEC east champion correctly since 1995?  Last year GA had all of the potential that TN has this year.
[snapback]120042[/snapback]​

Nope. . . I refuse to let my emotions hinge on what a bunch of jackleg sportswriters think. They get way too much credit for being experts on anything.

I'm not nervous because I think this team is talented and what I think is most important, they are HUNGRY to win.

Over the last two yrs I think Kevin Burnett left his mark on this team- how to train, practice and most important how to be a leader. And it seemed Burnett was always HUNGRY to win.

Originally posted by Big Orange Diesel@Jul 31, 2005 4:14 PM
I'm not nervous because I think this team is talented and what I think is most important, they are HUNGRY to win. 

Over the last two yrs I think Kevin Burnett left his mark on this team- how to train, practice and most important how to be a leader.  And it seemed Burnett was always HUNGRY to win.
[snapback]120109[/snapback]​

Sorry fellas. You guys are totally gonna get whipped, and Vandy will win the East, and then the whole SEC. :mellow:

Boy, what if, huh?

I am kind of nevous, but I am nervous every year. The only difference is that this year we have a bigger target on our backs.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Jul 31, 2005 5:00 PM
Sorry fellas.  You guys are totally gonna get whipped, and Vandy will win the East, and then the whole SEC. :mellow: 

Boy, what if, huh?
[snapback]120179[/snapback]​

Bring on the four horsemen after they beat USC by five scores in the Rose Bowl.

woah now, i really hope that is sacasm i picked up on in that message but that would be awesome to see even though it would never happen

VN Store

Back