BleedOrange11

Go Vols
New 2008 Rivals100
The 2008 Rivals250 comes out tomorrow.

Here are the guys with interest in Tennessee:

Rank/Stars/Name/Int. Level/Standing
#1 5* QB Terrelle Pryor - Medium - Top 6
#33 4* WR Deion Walker - Medium - Bottom 11 of 14
#41 4* OT Barrett Jones - Medium - Top 5 (in-state)
#46 4* WR Jameel Owens - Medium - Top 7
#49 4* ILB Etienne Sabino - Medium - Top 9
#50 4* Ath/S Gerell Robinson - Medium - Top 8
#56 4* RB Ryan Williams - Medium - Top 11
#62 4* WR DeAndre Brown - Medium - Top 10
#73 4* ILB Jon Major - Medium - Top 7
#76 4* OLB Jerrell Harris - Medium - Top 8
#85 4* DT Stacey McGee - Medium - Top 7

D. Walker has narrowed it down to 3 and we aren't one of the 3.It is between LSU,PSU and USC (USC might not be right).

So none of our commits that we have already are not in the top 100? Am I the only one who is a little worried about this year's pace?

so when are they gonna updated the rest of the 4 stars..?? so we can see whether Poole is a 4 star yet.. and if Aaron Douglas mades some improvement in the rankings!

I make a bold statement that Pryor is somewhere in between "miracle" and "we get him." I know what you are thinking, yes, really going out on a limb.

New 2008 Rivals250

Tennessee Prospects:

Rank/Stars/Pos./Name/Int. Level/Standing
#1 5* QB Terrelle Pryor - Medium - Top 6
#33 4* WR Deion Walker - Medium - Bottom 11 of 14
#41 4* OT Barrett Jones - Medium - Top 5 (In-state)
#46 4* WR Jameel Owens - Medium - Top 7
#49 4* MLB Etienne Sabino - Medium - Top 9
#50 4* WR Gerell Robinson - Medium - Top 8
#56 4* RB Ryan Williams - Medium - Top 11
#62 4* WR DeAndre Brown - Medium - Top 10
#73 4* SLB Jon Major - Medium - Top 7
#76 4* WLB Jerrell Harris - Medium - Top 8
#85 4* DT Stacey McGee - Medium - Top 7
#105 4* DE Robert Quinn - Medium - Top 11
#110 4* OT Antoine McClain - Medium - Top 8
#113 4* CB T.J. Bryant - Medium - Top 10
#124 4* OG Max Tuioti-Mariner - Medium - Top 6 of 8
#129 4* DT Lawrence Guy - Medium - Top 3 of 8
#131 4* WR Joshua Jarboe - Low - Bottom 3 of 9
#165 4* SLB E.J. Abrams-Ward - Medium - Top 8
#182 4* WR A.J. Alexander - Medium - Top 7 of 8
#215 4* OG Kenneth Page - Medium - Top 14
#241 4* RB Chris Jordan - Medium - Top 7 (In-state)
#242 4* SLB Marlon Walls - High - Top 3 of 8
#250 4* WR Aaron Boyd - Medium - Top 9

Tennessee Commits:

Rank/Stars/Pos./Name/Int. Level
#139 4* TE Aaron Douglas - Solid Verbal (In-state)

if can manage to win out (rick that's somewhere between a miracle and it happens) I think this years recruiting will be just fine. if not, then it's up to the new coach to hit the recruiting trail hard.

Even if we win out our recruiting class is not going to be very highly rated. It will be the kind of class UT usually has after hauling in a Top 5 class like this year. Plus, we will not sign very many and we are signing lots of lineman. That doesnt mean this class won't be "good." It just won't be very highly rated.

Even if we win out our recruiting class is not going to be very highly rated. It will be the kind of class UT usually has after hauling in a Top 5 class like this year. Plus, we will not sign very many and we are signing lots of lineman. That doesnt mean this class won't be "good." It just won't be very highly rated.

I don't think we should use last year's top 5 class as an excuse for having a mediocre class this year. Tennessee should consistently be in the top 10 or top 5 if we want to keep pace with Florida and LSU. Tennessee's recent trend has involved a drop-off after a top 5 class, but another trend has been losing football games. We need top 10 classes year in and year out to win championships.

Rivals.com UT team rankings
2002- No. 2
2003- No. 18
2004- No. 11
2005- No. 4
2006- No. 23
2007- No. 3
2008- ??

I don't think we should use last year's top 5 class as an excuse for having a mediocre class this year. Tennessee should consistently be in the top 10 or top 5 if we want to keep pace with Florida and LSU. Tennessee's recent trend has involved a drop-off after a top 5 class, but another trend has been losing football games. We need top 10 classes year in and year out to win championships.

Rivals.com UT team rankings
2002- No. 2
2003- No. 18
2004- No. 11
2005- No. 4
2006- No. 23
2007- No. 3
2008- ??

I was pointing out the trend, not endorsing it. However, I have to temper your expectations a little. You honestly think we should be able to have a class as good as UF and LSU every year? That would mean the coaches at those schools were horrible. They should out-recruit us every year. The in-state talent in those states blows our in-state talent out of the water. So why should we be able to recruit with them every year? Our facilities blow theirs out of the water? Nope, they have top notch facilities. Our academic support blows theirs out of the water? Nope, again those schools have top notch academic services. What is one logical reason we should be able to recruit with those schools year-in-year-out? I think part of the cycle of one great class, then one decent class, is purposeful in some degree. It is the best way the coaches have seen to get the best talent on campus.

I was pointing out the trend, not endorsing it. However, I have to temper your expectations a little. You honestly think we should be able to have a class as good as UF and LSU every year? That would mean the coaches at those schools were horrible. They should out-recruit us every year. The in-state talent in those states blows our in-state talent out of the water. So why should we be able to recruit with them every year? Our facilities blow theirs out of the water? Nope, they have top notch facilities. Our academic support blows theirs out of the water? Nope, again those schools have top notch academic services. What is one logical reason we should be able to recruit with those schools year-in-year-out? I think part of the cycle of one great class, then one decent class, is purposeful in some degree. It is the best way the coaches have seen to get the best talent on campus.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I do think Tennessee should be able to recruit right up there with LSU and Florida. UT matches or exceeds their classes about every 3rd year, I'd just like to see us do that more consistently. Recruiting is definitely much easier in Louisiana and Florida, for sure.

Even Spurrier's presence at USC and Butch Davis at UNC has been hurting our recruiting out of the Carolinas. How much do you see that affecting our incoming talent in the coming years?

I think that will certainly have an effect. Especially Butch Davis at UNC. If they start winning a decent amount of games it is going to be very, very hard for us to get a good recruit out of NC. Spurrier has already made it much tougher to get one out of SC. We use to feast on SC and NC. We have done pretty well in Alabama as well, but Saban wont let that happen anymore. It is getting tougher and tougher with the high quality coaches in the states around us. Right now I would say the regional states we still have a good hold in would only be Virginia, Arkansas, and somewhat Mississippi. Even though he cant coach, the Big Org has shown he can recruit his state well.

I think a lot of fans would be surprised at the recruiting if we change head coaches. We will never be horrible at recruiting. But, many coaches would struggle to recruit at UT against the other teams in the SEC.

if wecant recruit as well, then we'd better coach 'em up...does anyone really think that's going to happen?

VN Store

Back