New CFB Playoff Selection committee ideas...

Might as well add Hershel Walker to that list. No one sitting in the same room with him is going to go against that physical presence.

Damn...I'm surprised they don't add Butch Jones to that list lol

Battle, Fulmer, Davis, Manning, and even Kramer that lives in Tenn.

Reactions: 1 person
Why not just take the top 4 teams in the AP poll?

The other conferences were mad that MULTIPLE SEC teams were in the top 4. That's why they wanted a committee to try to limit SEC to one team--most likely the one that won the SECCG.

The other conferences were mad that MULTIPLE SEC teams were in the top 4. That's why they wanted a committee to try to limit SEC to one team--most likely the one that won the SECCG.

If that's true, then this playoff will be a bigger joke than the BCS.

No matter how you slice this there is always going to be a perceived SEC bias if more than 1 SEC team gets in.

What's funny is that if Ohio St. wasn't on probation and the records stayed the same it would have been OSU vs. ND in Miami and Bama is shut out. No SEC bias, and we know what happened on the field. Last year would have been (as an example):

1. ND
2. OSU
3. Bama
4. Oregon

3 & 4 were clearly more talented than 1 & 2.

I don't see how a committee would keep an inferior ND or OSU team out of the playoff when UGA, UF, or aTm would have spanked any of those teams in a playoff game. So are you guaranteed the 4 best teams in the playoff? I don't think so.

it's always gonna be a joke, no matter how you slice it. Nature of the beast. All we need to focus on is getting those W's. Fate and Hype will take care of the rest...

I don't care what is decided on, but I do know we need to start things off in 2014 like we started the BCS in 98.

Reactions: 1 person
Who or what group is going to be picking these 14-20 impartial learned college football sages?

If that's true, then this playoff will be a bigger joke than the BCS.
It will be. Its all about the money and Big 10,PAC 12 won't sit on their hands while S.E.C. takes 1/2 to 3/4 of the slots and money. You'll have to be conference winner or Notre Dame with 10 wins to get in. If that happens to be an 8 rated team in the bowls well we just got to be "fair". This whole thing will be a joke before its done.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back