New Mexico Dem Governor Spent Taxpayer Cash on Groceries, Booze: reports

Franklin Pierce

New Mexico’s Democrat governor is on the defensive after a report this week detailed her office’s spending from a taxpayer-supported expense fund.

Records show Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham spent nearly $13,500 over a six-month period in 2020 on items such as groceries, dry cleaning and alcohol, the Sante Fe New Mexican reported.

The booze spending included a purchase in September of more than $200 for five bottles of tequila, two bottles of vodka, two bottles of Merlot and single bottles of whiskey and gin, the report said.

New Mexico Dem governor spent taxpayer cash on groceries, booze: reports

Even if it was a staffer as she says it's just amazing how dumb and tone deaf government employees can be.

Reactions: LouderVol
I'm always surprised that Gary Johnson was governor of New Mexico. That state must have changed a lot over 20 years.

Even if it was a staffer as she says it's just amazing how dumb and tone deaf government employees can be.
It's the reason politicians are the enemy. They believe that "I am the government."

Cant just let them keep expanding their power if you want to avoid stuff like this.

Congress has a slush fund for paying off sexual assault claims.

Congress reaches deal ending taxpayer-funded sexual harassment settlements

That link from 2018 sys they were reforming it, but I cant find the reform.

Reactions: dovervolz

VN Store

Back