New Permanent Opponents 2025 and beyond

Vanderbilt and Alabama. Really shocked it wasn’t Kentucky or South Carolina, unless football (and other sports) have the same opponents too…..

I don't think the permanent opponents will be the same in football, last word I heard was they were looking at 3 permanent opponents for that. However, maybe the football rivalries are influencing the assignments for baseball here.

I don't think the permanent opponents will be the same in football, last word I heard was they were looking at 3 permanent opponents for that. However, maybe the football rivalries are influencing the assignments for baseball here.
Three permanent football opponents won’t happen until a) they get a new contract based on a 9 game SEC schedule, b) they vote in the 6-3 format. I’d assume those would be football only considerations.

Just attended my cousins’ ceremony for signing his NLI with Alabama this evening. He’ll be a FR in Tuscaloosa in 2025, when this goes into affect. Going to be cool as a UT season ticket holder and only being 2 hours from Tuscaloosa to get to see him play UT all 4 years but at the same time “rooting” for him to go 0-12 vs UT for his career sucks.

Three permanent football opponents won’t happen until a) they get a new contract based on a 9 game SEC schedule, b) they vote in the 6-3 format. I’d assume those would be football only considerations.
Possibly in 2026 football will have a 9 game SEC schedule with 3 permanent opponents going forward.

Just attended my cousins’ ceremony for signing his NLI with Alabama this evening. He’ll be a FR in Tuscaloosa in 2025, when this goes into affect. Going to be cool as a UT season ticket holder and only being 2 hours from Tuscaloosa to get to see him play UT all 4 years but at the same time “rooting” for him to go 0-12 vs UT for his career sucks.
Sorry for your loss.

A&M gets to be considered the primetime game this tourney because of geography.

Which is good, because the Vol fans can get out of town earlier than 11 pm.

That's also the 3rd week of the season. I'm guessing two home series before then with some midweek game. The SEC schedule will start 2 weeks later. I'm guessing at home as defending conference and national title winner with a top-tier opponent like A&M, Texas, Florida. It would be fun to crush Kentucky right out of the gate however.

We will not get a full schedule for 4-5 months.

VN Store

Back