New WR Recruit

hvwarrior58

VN GURU
Rashad Mason of Pearl Cohn HS may make a huge jump in the rankings. The SR WR was in a car wreck last year and is just now getting his film out to schools, but has a great chance of ending up a top 50 recruit. He is 6'6" 215 with a 4.5 40 and a 36 inch vertical. He is already holding offers from Michigan, UCLA, and a few other D1 schools. I know we have already signed quite a few WRs, but this is a guy we need.

The problem with him is that he is an FSU fan but has also followed Patrick Turner somewhat. Even if we offer, it may be hard to pull him. That will be something else for the negavols to gripe about since he has a great chance at being #2 in the state.

Sounds like he is quite an athlete. 4.5 second 40, 36" vertical. At 6'6", 215... sounds freakish.

Yeah, the Rivals guys say his body is already college ready. He sounds like more of an athlete than Turner.

LSU and Arky have also offered.

I don't really know. He attended the UT camp but we didn't offer him. I think we will offer, but it may be too late and he didn't mention UT any so he may just not be interested in UT regardless.

You win some, you lose some. There's been quite a bit of high school football talent in the state of Tennessee this year.

Per a poster on Volquest from PC:

"He went to UT canmp and he was still getting over his injuries. He was a couple of steps slower because he wasnt back physically. I was at the camp. It was his first time running a 40 in his life, wore lineman shoes and slowed up 5 yards before the finish. He ran a high 4.5. After that his times went down including a high 4.4 at Louisville camp. My gut feeling is I cant see him at UT. They still think he is the kid that showed up last summer but he is a healthy beast now."

Rob Lewis also said he doesn't think we have room for him.

One thing we have going for us is the fact that he plays ball at Pearl Cohn in nashville. Remember John Henderson and Ron Slay! Hopefully that can help pull him our way a little bit.

If we land this stud then our receiving corps will one of the best in the SEC. Well have Vinson, O-Neal, G. Jones, Mason, along with Taylor and Hancock who will improve alot over the off-season. Florida and LSU are the only other SEC schools that will be close to our talent level at Wide Receiver U.

i know we have a lot of athletes already in this class but i hope we get this guy because i love wr's with height on them. Height and great athletic skills at wideout is a tough combination to defend against.

we could move him to safety, heh...a 6'6" guy with speed to keep up with other WR's...We'd never have a mismatch. :)

sounds like we may have decided to move him to late, if so it wont hurt us with the talent we have coming in at that position. Sounds kinda like Monk from Ark.

Well, it's not like he has been on the market long, rexvol. He's a sleeper, so I don't think he'd really care if he got a sleeper offer as long as he's interested.

I think Mason should go to JC or a Prep School for a year to get things together. Right now I don't think people really know too much about him to really tell if he's the real deal or not.

VN Store

Back