news?

i believe the nightclub they are referring to is Club Malibu, it's right down the street form my old high school (Austin-East), its pretty dangerous over there too so i dont think Jajuan should be over there too much

Pearl seemed to say in the article that action would be taken if it's found to be more than a noise violation. Perhaps, it's otherwise just a matter of, "You broke the law, so pay the fine."

News? No. Well, maybe it is in April. Not much else to talk about, since the Lofton presser is over. Not crazy about JuJuan's behavior after being confronted by the cops, though.

C'mon, Jajuan ... I know how you like to pump up the volume ... I know you like to rock that thumpin' beat and wave your hands in the air like you just don't care ... But when Johnny Officer comes up and asks you to turn it down a little, don't be an a$$ and turn it up for spite, or to show him who's really The Man. Use some freakin' common sense!!

I know this isn't a big deal, but I hate stupid stuff like this. Be a leader, Jajuan -- I mean, you will be a senior next year, right?

C'mon, Jajuan ... I know how you like to pump up the volume ... I know you like to rock that thumpin' beat and wave your hands in the air like you just don't care ... But when Johnny Officer comes up and asks you to turn it down a little, don't be an a$$ and turn it up for spite, or to show him who's really The Man. Use some freakin' common sense!!

I know this isn't a big deal, but I hate stupid stuff like this. Be a leader, Jajuan -- I mean, you will be a senior next year, right?

Agreed. They make us proud on the court. They should conduct themselves well off the court as well.

The Broker is a new club behind Chilhowee Park on MLK Blvd.. This is as bad as the Goodfellas place they got in trouble at last off season.

Funny, I happened to be in the car when the "honking" citation occured.....hahahahahaha...Jujuan should know better regardless

I saw JaJuan driving today outside Gibbs. Sweet car, with killer rims and sound system. I'm not familiar enough to know what model, but this citation doesn't surprise me.

Tennessee guard JaJuan Smith was cited early Sunday morning for a noise violation after refusing to turn down his car stereo when asked by police.
The Knoxville Police Department received a complaint around 2 a.m. Sunday. An officer responded to an area of Martin Luther King Boulevard outside of Broker's Pub and found Smith driving a vehicle "blasting its radio," said KPD spokesman Darrell DeBusk.
The officer asked the volume be turned down.
"They refused and turned it up louder," DeBusk said. "At that point, the officer decided to issue a citation."
This kind of response to a police officer is so unbelievable to me, that I swear I'd sooner believe that the officer made it up than that someone actually did such a thing...

This kind of response to a police officer is so unbelievable to me, that I swear I'd sooner believe that the officer made it up than that someone actually did such a thing...

Was just going to quote that exact statement. Sounds like a copy/paste from another incident that happened on the strip(James Banks?). BTW, I am not saying JuJuan will turn out like Banks, just a similar incident.

These guys need to get smarter.

Wow... have you read some of the comments?

????

what the heck is a major newspaper doing reporting the issuing of a "citation"

no cats trapped in trees or anything else to report?

what a joke

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:56 pm

The real story is not that he got a citation it's that he was trying to "keep it real" and mouth off/disobey the responding officer...if you ask me, he's lucky he didnt get the taser. Idiot

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:14 pm
Get the taser? :eek:hmy:

What the heck is Stanley doing hanging out with the team at 2am. Is he becoming Uncle Rico?

The only 4 things you should ever say to the PoPo.

1. Yes, sir.
2. No, sir.
3. I'm sorry, sir.
4. It will never happen again, sir.

As Chris Rock once said...."Don't matter what city in the country you are in. If you are on MLK, theres going to be trouble".

VN Store

Back