Neyland’s original renovation plans

CrossvegasVol

Much has been said about how General Neyland drew up plans for the future renovations of Neyland Stadium up to a certain point. Would anyone by any chance have ever seen a copy of any of these? Just an idea that came up while reading up on some of his history.

Also, I know my opinion isn’t worth much but I feel like the relative symmetry of Neyland looks really good the way it is. Does anyone feel like the new additions with where the video board is located makes it look odd overall? Thanks

Reactions: tbh
Much has been said about how General Neyland drew up plans for the future renovations of Neyland Stadium up to a certain point. Would anyone by any chance have ever seen a copy of any of these? Just an idea that came up while reading up on some of his history.

Also, I know my opinion isn’t worth much but I feel like the relative symmetry of Neyland looks really good the way it is. Does anyone feel like the new additions with where the video board is located makes it look odd overall? Thanks

I just wish they’d get moving on the plans (if they even have any) to fix the South and East sides so they don’t look like caves in the concourses and an erector set on the facade.

Yes it looks odd. Anything Fulmer has anything to do with should be scrapped. Having sat in the south lower bowl for years I can say I have no interest in another jumbo tron. I’m fine with lowering capacity and installing more seat backs. The new JB actually eliminates good seating. The most important thing is fixing a the structure that’s in decay.

The most important thing is fixing a the structure that’s in decay.

Absolutely. I spoke to one of the civil engineers that inspects the structure. A lot of the new structure is sitting on the original, older brick structure, some of which dates back to 1921 (West stands). Honestly of the 167 million earmarked for the renovation I would bet 2/3 of it no one will ever see.

Absolutely. I spoke to one of the civil engineers that inspects the structure. A lot of the new structure is sitting on the original, older brick structure, some of which dates back to 1921 (West stands). Honestly of the 167 million earmarked for the renovation I would bet 2/3 of it no one will ever see.

Not to mention other "unseen" issues...I have no idea how old the plumbing piping is or if it is leaking/deteriorated, but if they're smart and have the money, they'll take care of that while the "patient is opened up", so to speak. All the flash in the world doesn't mean jack when raw sewage or even plain old water is ending up where it shouldn't be.

Not to mention other "unseen" issues...I have no idea how old the plumbing piping is or if it is leaking/deteriorated, but if they're smart and have the money, they'll take care of that while the "patient is opened up", so to speak. All the flash in the world doesn't mean jack when raw sewage or even plain old water is ending up where it shouldn't be.
Funny you should mention that, I had season tickets in x5 for a while and they actually had a trash can in the box seat area to catch water from a leaking pipe. This was probably 14-15 years ago.

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back