Nice article on Hunter Ensley

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
“I went from watching in my dorm, to watching in the dugout, to watching from center field,” Ensley said.

Ensley was a highly touted hitter in high school, hitting better than .600 with 21 extra-base hits as a junior in 2019. But he’d never done it against college pitching. He struggled against UT’s pitching staff in the fall prior to the 2022 season after coming back from surgery. He struck out in half of his 16 at-bats in 2022 and had two hits.

The Huntingdon, Tennessee, graduate was the starting left fielder in his first summer game. He struck out in his first at-bat. He got a hit in his next at-bat. He went 3-for-4 in his second game and his summer — and trajectory — changed.
“I said in my head I am going to be in the lineup,” Ensley said. “I am going to play this year. I am going to be in it every day.”
“If you look at me, that is what I am — a tough player that wants to win,” Ensley said.

Tennessee baseball: Hunter Ensley wills way into Vols center fielder

Kid has to be the story of the season so far. Gotta admit I didn't see this kind of year coming from him.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back