Nico Capabilities??

TruthIsOutThere

Hey guys - I don’t watch as much as I used to. Serious question - can Nico play outside of the pocket? Seems like we have a great opportunity for some rollouts, bootlegs, etc? Surprised with his athleticism he’s such a pocket guy.

And I love a pocket guy…. But seems like we could get a little creative.

He’s still a young qb. The hype from the media is insane imo. He’s only started like 4 games before tonight?

He’s played well but I’m sure they’re trying to keep it manageable for him.
At this point, I think he’s happy with his running the clock and not getting anybody else hurt. Our oline is absolutely beat to pieces. I think “manageable” is a perfect word.

Nico was solid for a RS Freshman in such a hostile environment. I was surprised he didn't scramble better and failed to get several first down with his legs. VOLS better get up for the Hawgs as they will be feisty at home too. HUGE WIN for Heup and the VOLS. I'll sleep well tonight.

Last edited:
He had multiple chances, should have done it, to pull the ball and run around the end. It was wide open numerous times with the end/OLB crashing down and still hust handed it off for no gain.

Halzle has a lot to answer for IMO. There's too much talent there, it's as if he doesn't trust it. Too conservative will get you beat just as much as being overly aggressive. Dude has got to come to grips with himself. He's failing right now. IMO

Hey guys - I don’t watch as much as I used to. Serious question - can Nico play outside of the pocket? Seems like we have a great opportunity for some rollouts, bootlegs, etc? Surprised with his athleticism he’s such a pocket guy.

And I love a pocket guy…. But seems like we could get a little creative.
I was thinking the same thing.

We played extremely vanilla from the second quarter onward. Our last 46 plays in the game was 35 runs and 11 passes. Most of the runs were off tackle right, off tackle left.

Still a young player, was playing a tough D on the road and he managed it well. I think Heupel protected him some in second half once it was 22-3. But he knew our D could stop them. I am not worried about offense at all. Heupel is looking at big picture. GBO

Halzle has a lot to answer for IMO. There's too much talent there, it's as if he doesn't trust it. Too conservative will get you beat just as much as being overly aggressive. Dude has got to come to grips with himself. He's failing right now. IMO
It’s 2022 all over again.
Had the #1 offense in the country and people criticized the playcalling when every play didn’t go for a TD.
Dumbest sh%# I ever heard, I thought!

There's some fooked up crap on this board tonight.

This might be the best front 7 we face all year.

The field was ass.

We were down OL. 2 TEs playing just to block.

We need to enjoy this win and get healthy during the bye week.

If we play this conservative on offense we may lose 3 or 4 games. If he opens up we could go undefeated imo
Also agree, just think they went through the motions, totally think if they wanted to they could have scored 30 or 40. In big games they have the capability to score more and I think they will. But with that defense they might not have to score 50 against bama and UGA!

VN Store

Back