Nico interview

Wow - I must have been sleeping under a rock this past year as I was not aware of the Bru/Nico connection nor, just how important it was for Nico to have Bru come back this Fall.

Hoping that this tandem scorches some defensive backfields starting in September!!

Bru McCoy acting as a mentor for him and helping bring him along since he got to Tennessee

“He’s brought me along a long way man. Just learning from Bru how to carry yourself on and off the field, I feel like I learned a great amount. And yeah, me and Bru have always had a tight relationship, so I can’t wait to go out there and, you know, play with him on the field.”

What he thought of Bru McCoy growing up in California, watching him play in high school

“When I was younger, man, I thought Bru was the greatest high school player of all the time. The first guy I had ever seen play receiver and D-end at the same time. So seeing him come off the edge and have five sets and then go score three touchdowns right after was crazy for me to watch. And yeah, Bru always been the top player of mine.”

Nico saying: “We got a good, good tight room, man. All three of them can go so I’m excited, man. They’re big bodies, big targets that I love throwing to, especially down in redzone. Being able to use all three of them in packages if we have to, I feel like them being on the field down in the red zone will be big for us.” This season, the UT will be really using its TEs the NE Patriots way. Consistent moving the chains with power runs, TE eating up downs, then hit them with AGM-154 glide bombs.
1724363243675.jpeg

VN Store

Back