Nico set a record

VolForLife83

For most yards in a half (UT).

Nico Iamaleava ‘didn’t know’ he set a Tennessee record​

Saturday marked Iamaleava’s second career start after he got the first snaps in the bowl game last year against Iowa. However, it was his first regular-season start, and he rose to the occasion in a big way with a record-setting performance. In fact, he didn’t even realize he made history.

“I didn’t know. A couple of my teammates were telling me and then the interview I had at the end of the game was really when I found out,” Iamaleava said after the game. “It’s a cool, surreal moment. I didn’t even know about it, but it felt good to go out there and operate with my teammates.”

The key to the big day, Iamaleava said, was strong practices. That allowed him to establish a connection with his receivers and, as a result, put together a big day against Chattanooga
“It just starts with our preparation,” Iamaleava said. “Practice, we’re getting a lot of those same looks. We got out here in the game and we’re just having fun. I think it all clicked from practice and carrying that over to the game.”.

Last edited:
Am I the only one suffering from Double Vision? I said, Double Vision??

Let's hope he stays this humble through the rest of the season. Get the W, worry about any accolades or records later.

VN Store

Back