No pep band?

BenGrimm

Formally known as burntorangeVOLffle
I hear we didn't bring the pep band. If true I find this disappointing. Who will play Rock Top WHEN we win?

Reactions: 1 person
It's tragic and embarrassing we have opened on west coast many times and always brought the band, if there was a problem all they had to do was set a figure and I think funds would have been raised.

Reactions: 4 people
It's a damn shame for a team that makes around 1.5 - 2 MILLION dollars per home game in revenue.

If we can build that new facility, if we can provide personal jets for recruiting, if we can afford to pay teams like APU a cool million to come play one football game....

We can send the band and some equipment to an away game, on a national stage.

Reactions: 10 people
It's a damn shame for a team that makes around 1.5 - 2 MILLION dollars per home game in revenue.

If we can build that new facility, if we can provide personal jets for recruiting, if we can afford to pay teams like APU a cool million to come play one football game....

We can send the band and some equipment to an away game, on a national stage.

This!!

It's f*****g embarrassing. This never would have happened in the days of Dr. Julian and Doug Dickey. Dickey wasn't any huge fan of the band, he was a football guy, but he knew they made the game tons better. We've always taken a pep band to UCLA, why not Oregon.

I know, I know, funds. HORSES**T!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
Not taking a slight against their stadium but thought size mattered so to speak in relation to this.

We did get a bigger allotment of tix since their students aren't on campus yet though

What if we win without the pep band and superstitious vols decide they are just bad luck and should be left home everytime? LOL

Think Worley will direct the UT section in an acappela version of Rocky Top?

Does any of our crowd even know Down the Field for after a touchdown?

I have as much pride in our band as in our athletics program....this is only the second time since we started playing Rocky Top we didn't bring so much as a pep band.....It is absolutely embrassing and Div III like......what makes me most upset is I KNOW I KNOW.....that all they would have had to do was say, "donate to hear Rocky Top Eugene", and expenses woulda been covered....

...and Negavols are might as well wear crimson...

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back