No Player on Vol roster ever lost in Gainesvile

volunteer04

Gainesville is the Vols home away from home

post-1-1115454251.jpg

As much as I would like to agree, I can't. I sat through 2 losses in the Swamp as a student and it was terrible ('93 & '97). The '97 game may have been one of the worst losses because UT had so much talent that year.

I agree PJ. Nashville and Lexington are our homes away from home. We could win the next 3 in a row in Gainesville and I would still dread going down there every year.

Originally posted by volunteer04@Aug 1, 2005 12:38 PM

post-1-1115454251.jpg

[snapback]120413[/snapback]​

That was last century. Get with the times. A victory this year will make it 3 in a row and 3 in a row in the swamp.

Originally posted by volunteer04@Aug 1, 2005 1:58 PM
That was last century.  Get with the times.
[snapback]120428[/snapback]​

:laugh1:

Originally posted by volunteer04@Aug 1, 2005 12:58 PM
That was last century.  Get with the times.  A victory this year will make it 3 in a row and 3 in a row in the swamp.
[snapback]120428[/snapback]​

I love it when we play away and their stadium is half empty half way through the 4th quarter. Look at the upper deck in that picture above. It looks like any regular season game at Vandy. Unless of course they're playing us. hehe

Originally posted by OldVol@Aug 1, 2005 1:01 PM
I love it when we play away and their stadium is half empty half way through the 4th quarter. Look at the upper deck in that picture above. It looks like any regular season game at Vandy. Unless of course they're playing us. hehe
[snapback]120430[/snapback]​

Looks more like the UT-Auburn game last season. I remember looking around and seeing half the place empty.

Originally posted by OldVol@Aug 1, 2005 1:01 PM
[snapback]120430[/snapback]​

Yeah, Awbarn kicked Vols asses. Some of our players really quit in that game. I hope we get to play them in CG this year but Bama or LSU will win the West.

Umm I think its empty because the game is over??

I wouldnt go as far as calling it your home away from home. Youve gotta win a couple more times to come close to that. Youve only won 2 straight games there. UF won atleast 2 straight games in Rocky Top, maybe more but I cant remember, was it our home away from home then? Nope. Come back to me in say, 2010, and if you still havent lost in the swamp, Ill agree with you. Until then, I think we can call it a, "you guys have had our #", not much more though.

Originally posted by GatorVille@Aug 1, 2005 3:13 PM
Umm I think its empty because the game is over??
I wouldnt go as far as calling it your home away from home.  Youve gotta win a couple more times to come close to that.  Youve only won 2 straight games there.  UF won atleast 2 straight games in Rocky Top, maybe more but I cant remember, was it our home away from home then? Nope.  Come back to me in say, 2010, and if you still havent lost in the swamp, Ill agree with you. Until then, I think we can call it a, "you guys have had our #", not much more though.
[snapback]120476[/snapback]​

I was there in the mid-90's and yes it was the Gators home away from home, esp. after the 35(?)-0 shellacking in Neyland.

Originally posted by 9296potsguy@Aug 1, 2005 3:23 PM
I was there in the mid-90's and yes it was the Gators home away from home, esp. after the 35(?)-0 shellacking in Neyland.
[snapback]120482[/snapback]​

Florida (under Spurrier/Zook) has won in Knoxville 4 times out of the last 8 attempts, and 2 of the last 3: 1994, 1996, 2000, 2002.

Tennessee has won at the Swamp only 2 times out of 7 attempts, but has won two in a row: 2001, 2003.

I wouldn't call two in a row our home away from home. That status comes when you win 4 or 5 in a row. (see Birmingham/Tuscaloosa--5 in a row)

Well, like he said in the title of this thread, no player on the Vol roster has lost at the Swamp. So it could at least be their home away from home I guess.

Well, about half of them havent won either (ala eric ainge along with the rest of the soph. and frosh.

Originally posted by GatorVille@Aug 1, 2005 4:46 PM
Well, about half of them havent won either (ala eric ainge along with the rest of the soph. and frosh.
[snapback]120509[/snapback]​

You would argue with a brick wall wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Aug 1, 2005 4:00 PM
You would argue with a brick wall wouldn't you?  :rolleyes:
[snapback]120518[/snapback]​

G-Ville's Anticipated Reply:

"No I wouldn't, unless that brick wall thought that the Mighty Gators were going to do anything less than go undefeated, win the SEC and National Championship, and that the world would proclaim Coach Urban Meyer Emperor of all things Football, and grovel before the sheer prowess of his unstoppable spread option offensive system."

(didn't account for spelling errors or refusal to use apostrophes with contractions)

Just a guess.

G-Ville's Anticipated Reply to my last post:

"I never said Florida was going to go undefeated and win the championship. Where did i say that. Youre always putting words in my mouth. Alls I said was that you guys underrestimate the Gators and think the Vols are so great . . . "

Blah, blah, blah . . .

Just kidding, G-Ville.

before 2001 when was our last win in the swamp. 1971. you dont call a place your home away from home when you cant win there in 30 years.

VN Store

Back