Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Not sure she’s in a graduate program. I would assume she would be required to be. This from the mothership:
  • Earned a degree in communication studies from UT in May of 2023.
You don't have to continue in a grad program. You can take undergrad courses. She's most likely working towards a minor now.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Here we go again. 1) I said extrapolations RARELY work out. 2) with extra minutes gross production is expected to increase.
3) I pointed out why extrapolations lead to unrealized expectations. 4) I did not say her production would not go up.
5) I did not say anything negative about Cardoso as a player.

My opinion is that she could easily increase productivity by 50% to 15/12 and be an All American.

I made an observation about extrapolation and used Tonya as an example. Why bring UConn into a discussion. Oh yeah, I forgot. UConn lives in your head.
That is exactly what I said. Btw, "extrapolate" 10 pts and 8.5 reb per 18 min to about 28 minutes per game and guess what you get? About 15/12. Thx for reinforcing my original point.

That is exactly what I said. Btw, "extrapolate" 10 pts and 8.5 reb per 18 min to about 28 minutes per game and guess what you get? About 15/12. Thx for reinforcing my original point.
She should get that easily and the points should be a little more. Rebounding over ten is hard although she should make that as well.

Reactions: Rooster1
I'm looking at the LSU Roster and something doesn't add up. Reese led the team in shot attempts last year with 560. HVL took 623 shots and Morrow took 802. (neither are great scorers but volume shooters) Morris graduated taking 471 shots most of those will go to HVL but she is still used to 150 more shots. Does Morrow take attempts away from Angel? Can Bayou Barbie share the spotlight? It looked like FJ was content to play second fiddle to her mentor Angel but I wonder how she feels about being fourth banana. Also I will bet Mikaylah Williams imagined (or was promised) getting Morris's open spot and now HVL has taken that away. Am I wrong to imagine the Bayou Tigers become more of a cat fight? If they win again, I will tip my hat to Mulkey as a great coach.
If u go and look up their interviews on why they chose Lsu, u will hear them say they know things will be different and they are willing to sacrifice for the sake of “Winning” and Reese has always said it’s not about her it’s about the team so I don’t think they will have any problems when it comes to shots, if they do t win it won’t be because of that, maybe it will be because Rickea just carried us to a Championship.

If u go and look up their interviews on why they chose Lsu, u will hear them say they know things will be different and they are willing to sacrifice for the sake of “Winning” and Reese has always said it’s not about her it’s about the team so I don’t think they will have any problems when it comes to shots, if they do t win it won’t be because of that, maybe it will be because Rickea just carried us to a Championship.
Agreed the words were perfect. And you may be right, but too many times I have seen instinct control intentions. Whenever I think of HVL in a tight situation all I see is her dribbling around the perimeter for 2/3 of the shot clock . She didn't make 30% last year so many of them will become backboard assists to Angel and Morrow. And the dozens of times I saw Morrow triple teamed still force up a shot with pretty good shooters begging for the ball. If she is only double teamed she will think she is wide open. ;) But Kim has a dozen cupcakes lined up, that may be enough time to retrain everyone. We'll see.

Get ready for a lot of commercials
387835071_837308858051357_5608753915459374969_n.jpg

Yep, would it potentially be 2 more years of NIL? Will she sit a year and then play again, or does she enter as a grad transfer?
The article says she’s planning on sitting out ‘23-‘24 and returning to the court ‘24-‘25. Wonder what kind of interest she can gin up. I’m guessing not much.

UConn "First Night" is tonight in Storrs, with 2024 hopefuls Sarah Strong and Ali Roberson attending. 2024 commits Allie Ziebel and Morgan Cheli will also be on hand and hopefully help the girls with their decision. The four of them would be a great class for us. I'm hoping.

Reactions: Will83

VN Store

Back