Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

This AAU basketball and AAU coaches era of influencing HS players college decisions would’ve severely impacted the quality of the sport on the collegiate level had it not been for the transfer portal and the extra year of eligibility.
It might look good in the regular season but come tournament play a lot of these teams will get exposed.

Last edited:
Too early to tell from my perspective, we probably need a few more weeks to make even a half way solid analysis. I could see the future games between these two teams being epic contests at this point.
Agree with you on this! Definitely the right perspective. I was unsurprised by how good SC looked at times.

I hope that TN can be a bit more committal on starting lineups this year. Get everyone on board with understand their role early.

Ohio State has a LOT of size, speed and athleticism at their guard spots. Will be interesting to see ours handle it.

The kind of pressure our guards saw last night could actually prepare for them for that Ohio St pressure

Tennessee likely beats Ohio State. The toughest game out of these early matchups in my opinion is Indiana.
None of these other teams have a decent matchup with Rickea Jackson.
In addition to Wells, Spear, plus the improvement of Hollingshead this favors TN heavily in the games against Notre Dame, Florida State, and Ohio State.
People seem to have forgot how Hollingshead dominated AR and LSU in that SEC tourney win.

Reactions: brittannica
The freshmen are stealing the show on opening day!

Hildago, Fulwiley and now Juju.

Williams at LSU plays tonight. Can’t remember an opening day where the freshman showed out like this.

Sure wish we could’ve gotten at least one.
Fulwiley doesn’t get to start yet whereas the other two do and are playing much more, but I would take Fulwiley over them. She can do stuff with the ball that is reminiscent of a young Maravich. She flat out plays defense also, I believe six steals and two blocks today. Give me her.

Too early to tell from my perspective, we probably need a few more weeks to make even a half way solid analysis. I could see the future games between these two teams being epic contests at this point.
For me not to early to tell. Looks to me like SC has two starting teams and the second in some ways better than the first when you add Cardoso to it. They go ten deep without any dropout we can't say that yet. Matter of fact we need a big game tomorrow because the defense has been shoddy for the most part from to many players and shooters that were supposed to be elite are not doing much yet. Of course it is still to early to tell how the team will pan out, but easy to see that SC has two starting teams and with Cardoso with any four of them is going to be really hard to beat.

Reactions: UTtoDC
For me not to early to tell. Looks to me like SC has two starting teams and the second in some ways better than the first when you add Cardoso to it. They go ten deep without any dropout we can't say that yet. Matter of fact we need a big game tomorrow because the defense has been shoddy for the most part from to many players and shooters that were supposed to be elite are not doing much yet. Of course it is still to early to tell how the team will pan out, but easy to see that SC has two starting teams and with Cardoso with any four of them is going to be really hard to beat.
Yeah, I think this is ultimately true. TN has more bench questions at this point but answers should be around by the end of the week.

VN Store

Back