Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I agree the level of hate super successful coaches and teams get from a few posters here is ridiculous, but disagee that it is something unique to this site. It is true for all sports sites that have passionate fan bases. The LSU game won't impact their seeding at all unless they don't dramatically improve after the first game. They will have some easy games to find some chemistry and do have Virginia Tech and I believe a tournament with some decent competition before the SEC start. If anyone dominates the SEC this year, that team will almost be guaranteed one of the number one seeds.

no worries, it’s weird navigating here at times, this site has so many posers. Hey, I like the UT fans, been hanging with them for many many years, but I can cut bait if the posers have more influence….believe me, I’m not needing this.
I appreciate your posts. hope you stick around and are welcomed by LV fans.

no worries, it’s weird navigating here at times, this site has so many posers. Hey, I like the UT fans, been hanging with them for many many years, but I can cut bait if the posers have more influence….believe me, I’m not needing this.

I don't understand the implied situation here. Who's telling you to leave? What is it you don't need? I mean, sure this board has posers, but short of posting, what can a poser do around here but pose? The only person I know with "influence" is the Grand Poobah himself. And he's a pretty fair Grand Poobah, as far as I know. Aside from him, I don't know of anyone else on this message board with "influence" over it.

Like, I'm not trying to pick on anything here, I just don't see anyone saying that anybody should leave or that people should be banned or booted or whatever.

I don't understand the implied situation here. Who's telling you to leave? What is it you don't need? I mean, sure this board has posers, but short of posting, what can a poser do around here but pose? The only person I know with "influence" is the Grand Poobah himself. And he's a pretty fair Grand Poobah, as far as I know. Aside from him, I don't know of anyone else on this message board with "influence" over it.

Like, I'm not trying to pick on anything here, I just don't see anyone saying that anybody should leave or that people should be banned or booted or whatever.
You make some solid points and tbh, after reading your post and thinking on it, am pretty sure your perspective is correct. GL all, wish everyone the best season and I mean that. I hope the LV’s give their fans an amazing season, they deserve it and it is overdue. I’m sincere in those thoughts folks. UT WILL ALWAYS BE THE TOP PROGRAM IN WCBB . First matters.

Last edited:
I’m talking about the Pg’s Wells, Powell and Darby, their guards are 5’11 and up, I’m just asking if u think it will be an issue?
You ever watch Shannon Bobbit? If you've ever watched destinee Wells the last 2 years as the primary defensive scout and what she's done to power 5 schools when she played them, that should be telling all into itself. Mississippi State probably has the other point guard to worry about the most in the SEC this year is Park-Lane and she's all of 5'3. She hasn't been talked about much but she can flat out score, is on the Nancy Lieberman watch list is a two-time Big East selection and averaged 20.5 points a game last year. Looks like she only had four points last night, but had seven assists and that's what Purcell did with Anastasia Hayes last year who had led the nation in scoring the year prior but was able to score at will when called upon. Annie Hayes was only 5'7 if I recall right.

Last edited:
Unbelievable but Ucant will be moving back to that number one spot again this early in the season with that LSU loss. Kim Mulkey plays a cupcake schedule normally for this reason. SMH

Reactions: chuckiepoo
As far as Wells' height, she's 5'6", and Bobbitt was 5'2". And does anyone remember Temeka Johnson, the 5'3" dynamo at LSU who torched us in every way nearly every time she ever faced Tennessee?

The Lady Vols certainly understand how a floor general doesn't have to have length to be successful. Sometimes the smaller players give bigger players fits because they are lower to the ground.

I am beyond thrilled with Destinee Wells! She very well could be our Bobbitt, and we know how having her turned out. 🧡

Unbelievable but Ucant will be moving back to that number one spot again this early in the season with that LSU loss. Kim Mulkey plays a cupcake schedule normally for this reason. SMH
Mulkey made a big mistake….she thought they could get past Colo, then run the gauntlet of nobody teams….wow……the media will keep them afloat, but the damage is done.

I mean, I may have to leave this site, I can see UT fans jumping on me for my previous post, so be it. Sisaq is an ass, and if you all don’t know already, mudcat is a fake character….I always wondered why noone ever called his schtick out before, but this is not my site.

for those of you who will respond and say I am wrong…..I am not. peace all and I wish the LV’s the best this year. Anyway, y’all have some posers on this site instigating
Well that previous post of yours was pretty accurate. J.S.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Mulkey made a big mistake….she thought they could get past Colo, then run the gauntlet of nobody teams….wow……the media will keep them afloat, but the damage is done.
Colorado is no joke this year. Quay Miller is the real deal and Sherrod can flat out play. Alot of really good role players as well and they are very well coached too. Not a team for anyone to sleep on. Teams with bigger posts will give LSU a tough time this year. Angel Reese does not play well against a bigger players that are as strong as she is. And she has no game away from the rim. She showed everything she needed to show at the America cup.

As far as Wells' height, she's 5'6", and Bobbitt was 5'2". And does anyone remember Temeka Johnson, the 5'3" dynamo at LSU who torched us in every way nearly every time she ever faced Tennessee?

The Lady Vols certainly understand how a floor general doesn't have to have length to be successful. Sometimes the smaller players give bigger players fits because they are lower to the ground.

I am beyond thrilled with Destinee Wells! She very well could be our Bobbitt, and we know how having her turned out. 🧡
I remember Temeka Johnson out of LSU. She could get to the paint at will and had an amazing pull up jumper. Everyone had trouble stopping her at 5 ft 3

The game was fairly even across the stats except shooting as the LSU big three went 12 for 35 in this game. Then there was the three point shooting Colorado 30 to 12 and Formann a guard hits 7 threes on 11 tries. Think somebody should've tried to play defense in this game. A shocking results since LSU was a t home before their big crowd.

You can be glad it’s your opinion. Mine is based on reality, same thing was said last season about them getting healthy and being picked to get to the Final 4.
They got boat race in the Sweet 16.
Again, it’s wide open.
LOL, since when is anything you say based on reality?

Last edited:
The game was fairly even across the stats except shooting as the LSU big three went 12 for 35 in this game. Then there was the three point shooting Colorado 30 to 12 and Formann a guard hits 7 threes on 11 tries. Think somebody should've tried to play defense in this game. A shocking results since LSU was a t home before their big crowd.
The game was in Vegas with a quiet and relatively sparse crowd.

LOL, since when is anything you say based on reality?

You not agreeing doesn’t take away the fact. A few mainly the minority on this board go to the extreme to try to create a narrative.. UConn went home last year in the Sweet 16 and got boat race fairly easy in the game… that is reality unless you are living on one of those TVA timeline branches!!

We need your outside perspective. I don’t personally use the ignore function as it clutters the thread. I just scroll on by… 😉

I mean, I may have to leave this site, I can see UT fans jumping on me for my previous post, so be it. Sisaq is an ass, and if you all don’t know already, mudcat is a fake character….I always wondered why noone ever called his schtick out before, but this is not my site.

for those of you who will respond and say I am wrong…..I am not. peace all and I wish the LV’s the best this year. Anyway, y’all have some posers on this site instigating
Goodness! Are you okay? Get outside today, take a walk on this beautiful autumn day. Drink a glass of ice water.

Aw, we will never see Kim schedule a ranked out of conference opponent again. It'll be Mother Mary Southeast Texarkana State until she retires lol
Or as Brian Rice said on twitter, Kim will never ever again play a nonconference opponent with a pulse.

So interesting to me, in the most fun way possible, that Kim saw and called this whole situation coming since summer but was powerless to change it. It's the textbook of what can go wrong with a portal superteam, Kellie having written the introduction early last year. I get that dealing with NIL superstars w celebrity obligation is new to everyone but I though Kim would crack the whip.

Article out describing a Kim sit down w Angel when she returned to campus right before practice started. Kim questioned her focus, AR assured her it was a relief to be back to just bball and she was totally committed. Trouble was, it was way too late bc other teams (like ours) were in the gym and weight room all summer. Quite a miscalculation, esp after Americup, that the switch could be reset that easily. Truth is, AR is just not a very gifted natural nor elite athlete. Scrappy as hell, but needs intense gym time.

LSU as a whol looks woefully out of shape and out of synch. I expected out of synch for HVL at PG, but not out of shape. She does look thicker and it doesn't look like muscular gain. She also is what she is and always was, a streaky, high volume shooter w high assists but high turnovers.

I'm sure they'll pull it together and beat up on the mid to lower SEC. But a whole lot of shine and intimidation factor is gone from LSU. And notably, not a single dance, staredown, nor ring pointing happened. Probably first time in many games for LSU.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back