Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Stop.

This is the kind of post that irritates the sh!t out of me. For someone who is a fan of a rival team to somehow feel it is appropriate to insinuate that a diehard fan, ON THEIR OWN HOME BOARD, is being ridiculous to be especially excited about a prized young signee, is beyond the pale.

Please don't do that. Fans on this board reserve the right to think particularly highly of those young women who've become our family. Have some class.
🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨 Title of thread Non-Lady Vols Basketball News🤔🤔🤔

It’s ironic how this being the Non Vol Thread gets pointed out.. but when Lady Vol Threads get off topic replies post after post about other schools and players it’s cool I guess???

The rabid negaVols go out of their way to embrace the haters.. do more to encourage them than our own current players and four ELITE HS recruits at the MOMENT.. stay tune there’s more to come!
Yesterday the projected Top #5 2027 commit Finley Chastain went 3/5 for 8 points 2rebs 1 assist as the first player off the bench before twisting her ankle. On a team full of supposedly elite veterans.. Finley is just a freshman = generational!

Last edited:
I feel like if we were talking about UConn you might find several generational talents. Perhaps generational based on the house fly life cycle?
It really doesn't matter what school you play for, as a generational talent is a player who is recognized as such by people outside of a single poster, their current team, or a fan base that simply adores them. That kind of talent is having people in the WBB world talking about them, tuning in to their TV games, and just using their names in general conversations. Generational talent means people that are not WBB followers know who they are, whether they have ever seen them play or not. Generational is just that, someone whose talent is respected by foes as well as their home fans. I'm just saying the term is being used by people who really don't know the game or its history. Thats all I'm saying, with no players names mentioned. The entire WBB world say what players deserve that label, certainly not us common folk.

Stop.

This is the kind of post that irritates the sh!t out of me. For someone who is a fan of a rival team to somehow feel it is appropriate to insinuate that a diehard fan, ON THEIR OWN HOME BOARD, is being ridiculous to be especially excited about a prized young signee, is beyond the pale.

Please don't do that. Fans on this board reserve the right to think particularly highly of those young women who've become our family. Have some class.

Truth is they just don’t want to see it happen.

This fits the theme for the Non Vol thread since fans these days now act like any freshman or HS player that has a decent performance even against garbage competition is the goat..

So do this, for anyone who has a NFHS network account.. go watch ON Demand the Montverde Academy exhibition from yesterday.

Post what you see.

I know the typical NV and non Vol supporter will come back to glorify the layup machine.. but truth is when their (Montverde) generational talent stepped on the court it was clear as day.

Great passer. Great shooter. Has length. Has size. Tremendous IQ. Plays defense. Great ball handler. Fills up the stat sheet. Elite upside.
= generational

Since it’s HS, a non Vol topic, I’m sure the folks here should respond favorably.

It’s ironic how this being the Non Vol Thread gets pointed out.. but when Lady Vol Threads get off topic replies post after post about other schools and players it’s cool I guess???

The rabid negaVols go out of their way to embrace the haters.. do more to encourage them than our own current players and four ELITE HS recruits at the MOMENT.. stay tune there’s more to come!
Yesterday the projected Top #5 2027 commit Finley Chastain went 3/5 for 8 points 2rebs 1 assist as the first player off the bench before twisting her ankle. On a team full of supposedly elite veterans.. Finley is just a freshman = generational!

Scoring against a team that is getting drubbed (70-5) by your team isn’t exactly showcasing anything other than grandma could score against them. Even if she is “generational” as you put it, a verbal commitment doesn’t necessarily mean she still lands in Knoxville. Good grief….

Alabama State plays Oklahoma at 10:30 cst. Reason I am interested in the game is Memphis beat Alabama State by 44 points and Oklahoma is a future opponent. I know you can't compare scores that much, but you should get some idea of how Oklahoma is playing at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

I'm just going to say one thing about this subject. You reference #5 commit Finley Chastain going 3-5 with 2 rebounds and 1 assist. For Gods sakes, she may be great some day in the future, but she is going against other other freshmen and sophomores, and I guarantee the others are not "elite". You can't look too much in the future because these young players haven't been tested yet. You may be right about her, but it is way too early to know that. On the Boneyard I will not look at videos of 26 or 27 players because not only may they not pan out, but I may be dead by then. LOL. I admire your enthusiasm, but it's just hard to judge players that young, but others seem to like to follow them, and that's okay too.

Reactions: Harpethriverkid63
It really doesn't matter what school you play for, as a generational talent is a player who is recognized as such by people outside of a single poster, their current team, or a fan base that simply adores them. That kind of talent is having people in the WBB world talking about them, tuning in to their TV games, and just using their names in general conversations. Generational talent means people that are not WBB followers know who they are, whether they have ever seen them play or not. Generational is just that, someone whose talent is respected by foes as well as their home fans. I'm just saying the term is being used by people who really don't know the game or its history. Thats all I'm saying, with no players names mentioned. The entire WBB world say what players deserve that label, certainly not us common folk.
Quite the soliloquy! Glad to know Paige B. Was never hailed as generational on the Boneyard😉

Connie fan, what are you talking about? She plays for a team Montverde Academy that has several seniors and juniors on their roster.
These are some of the same seniors and juniors you all claim are elite.
She played like a vet.
They played an exhibition yesterday.
You folks aren’t even living in reality.
How was she playing against only freshmen and sophomores in a Varsity contest?
This was her first HS (varsity game).
The game is on the NFHS network.
Get outside of that box and speak from reality not what people feed you on VolNation.
Four elite HS commits and this is just one of them that got you all speaking from an alternate universe.

VN Store

Back