Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

And from knowing a little bit about him through the AAU circles, he’s not a bad guy, but he loves to run that mouth a little too much. He wanted all the smoke and he’s about to get it.

Ugh. I'm embarrassed for everyone involved in that public airing of private matters. It's extremely immature.
Those parents should run for congress. Fisticuffs there.

Now Mom Carson weighs in and says JC could spill and bring the kingdom down.

It would be so great if this was all the grown ups acting fools and the players are like we,re fine let’s go

Those parents should run for congress. Fisticuffs there.

Now Mom Carson weighs in and says JC could spill and bring the kingdom down.

It would be so great if this was all the grown ups acting fools and the players are like we,re fine let’s go
Drama. Right up Kimmie’s alley.

Whatever.. this is the kind of nonsense many of you are inviting back into the Lady Vols program from right before the recent coaching change by wanting the current staff to pay any decent (that you tag as elite) HS recruit to sign, pay any decent (that you tag as elite) portal transfer to sign.

You have glorified LSU and their “NIL” up until they got beat down by Colorado.

Look at how some of you dealt with the Rickea situation last season. Talked down on the coach and questioned the player.

But in this case, you suddenly wish the LSU situation was being handle differently and that the players/parents stayed off social media.

Go sit down somewhere negaVols.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTtoDC
This is all so tacky at this point. What a bunch of ugliness.

And good lord, these women are educated. SOUND LIKE IT.
Yeah, grammar iz hard. I understand these aren’t journalistic contributions to the webz, but even most journalists are flying loose with what appears to be very little editorial oversight. Sad.

Whatever.. this is the kind of nonsense many of you are inviting back into the Lady Vols program from right before the recent coaching change by wanting the current staff to pay any decent (that you tag as elite) HS recruit to sign, pay any decent (that you tag as elite) portal transfer to sign.

You have glorified LSU and their “NIL” up until they got beat down by Colorado.

Look at how some of you dealt with the Rickea situation last season. Talked down on the coach and questioned the player.

But in this case, you suddenly wish the LSU situation was being handle differently and that the players/parents stayed off social media.

Go sit down somewhere negaVols.

Who gave you a McDonald’s bag making you the overseer of this board?

Have no idea what Ms. Carson is talking about. However, saw SEC Commissioner Stankey in an interview last week. He said some schools are using the guise of NIL to recruit players and that is simply not the intent of NIL. He called it "Pay to Play" and intimated his commitment to rooting it out of the recruiting process.

Have no idea what Ms. Carson is talking about. However, saw SEC Commissioner Stankey in an interview last week. He said some schools are using the guise of NIL to recruit players and that is simply not the intent of NIL. He called it "Pay to Play" and intimated his commitment to rooting it out of the recruiting process.
I wouldn’t hold my breath…

Well I’m sure plenty of schools do that, maybe that’s why all these other schools are getting top recruits and not us, but who knows, I’m sure Ac is at the top of the list if that’s the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: glv98
Just a quick OT tidbit. Has anyone ever seen this before at a game at any level, because I sure haven't. I was at the UConn/Dayton game, and for some reason the players were just standing around waiting for the opening tap. We didn't know what was going on as the hype music was already repeated twice. Soon one of the officials motioned to Azzi Fudd and they walked over to the free throw line, where she knocked down 2 free throws. With the rhythmic clapping by the fans and the music we couldn't understand the PA announcement. When I got home, I checked the replay and apparently one of the starters was wearing a number that wasn't listed on any roster list. I never even thought that they checked something like that. So, UConn had a 2 point lead before the game, and season, officially began. Bizarre. First time I have ever seen that at any level. LOL
I think this happened in a games last year as well.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Pay for play, also known as a signing bonus, is common and legal, or at least not illegal. I guarantee So Car dropped considerable coin on Edwards, though that didn't stop them tut tuting LSU's outlandish offer. It's totally seperate from NIL. It's also reportedly where the LVs are falling so far behind. Trouble finding rich donors willing to put money on unproven high school players. I wish someone could or would root this out. I still don't understand how it slid in with NIL.
Out of how many? 60-70 D1P5? Kellie and Staff doing a lot right
I'm sure the coaches work hard and do alot. That's not in question. KJH said several times this preseason her goal is nothing short of getting back to Final Four and Natty status. So questioning her progress in getting the players in to do so seems fair to me.

Pay for play, also known as a signing bonus, is common and legal, or at least not illegal. I guarantee So Car dropped considerable coin on Edwards, though that didn't stop them tut tuting LSU's outlandish offer. It's totally seperate from NIL. It's also reportedly where the LVs are falling so far behind. Trouble finding rich donors willing to put money on unproven high school players. I wish someone could or would root this out. I still don't understand how it slid in with NIL.

I'm sure the coaches work hard and do alot. That's not in question. KJH said several times this preseason her goal is nothing short of getting back to Final Four and Natty status. So questioning her progress in getting the players in to do so seems fair to me.
Understand!
So first, we have the players for a final four run this year. Kellie and staff got those players. I don’t understand why they don’t get credit for that. Rikea could have gone anywhere and Kellie got her here!
Second we are on a lot of great kids final 3-5 and have commitments from a couple. Even getting on a kids final list means, to me, we are indeed doing somethings right there.
Third, we aren’t getting fully over the hump with high school recruits. I see a few possible reasons for this; all of which are conjecture on my part🙂
* NIL I don’t fully understand how this all works but I think there is a chance this eventually levels up
*. I think Kellie is a straight shooter. Some coaches would lie to a kid regarding position/playing time etc. This is a prime group of portal recruits for us.
* Kellie seems like a pretty serious person. I can see that some 17 year olds can get caught up in a hypemaster’s schtick. We may seem a better fit to more mature kids. Again, we are in a kids final 5, the kid sets a chance to peel back the hype onion and realizes may LVs would be a better fit. Again great portal recruits for us.
Not saying everything is perfect. But dang, we have a lot of folks either ignore or chalk up to luck Rikea, Spear, Cooper, Wells etc.

VN Store

Back