Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Selection Sunday....Tennessee in 7 vs 10 matchup

I told you that 1 point loss to FSU would matter.....

WTH ever....

Kellie and her coffee carrier Jon need to go ......

Tyler Summitt would have been HC here by now if he could keep his hands off the players...

Selection Sunday....Tennessee in 7 vs 10 matchup

I told you that 1 point loss to FSU would matter.....

WTH ever....

Kellie and her coffee carrier Jon need to go ......

Tyler Summitt would have been HC here by now if he could keep his hands off the players...
That you want Jon gone yet Tyler freaking Summitt hired says alot. About you.

UConn lost El Alfy for the season, and just digesting the loss of Fudd, now last night learning that Caroline Ducharme has neck problems again and won't play tonight against #2 UCLA. Where the hell will we find a 3 point shooter? Should be getting used to this, but I'm not. Can we borrow Sara for a game?
That Ducharme continues to play a competitive sport with her history of head and neck injury is just gobsmacking to me.

Before anyone says it, I know the docs have continued to clear her after every concussion and collision. But the Dad in me says my kid would not go near the court, however disappointing for her and the team.

UConn lost El Alfy for the season, and just digesting the loss of Fudd, now last night learning that Caroline Ducharme has neck problems again and won't play tonight against #2 UCLA. Where the hell will we find a 3 point shooter? Should be getting used to this, but I'm not. Can we borrow Sara for a game?
Samuels looks like a good one to me.

Angel Reese out until at least January academics? Says she has a 2.0 and was suspended because of academics.
Huh? She had that gpa, or a little less, all last season. Failed to qualify for a watch list bc of it. Why is it a problem now? Also fishy that it came about after her lackluster play got her a seat on the bench. Is this a Mulkey suspension and not an institutional one?

If so its a new low for even KM is she let that slide all last year when AR was going good then pulls it out her ass when she needs an excuse to bench her.

Just read AR posted a tik tok featuring Coach Prime's "Look at Me" mantra. How utterly tone deaf, yet how predictable. This is a sad, sad situation.

Last edited:
Just read AR posted a tik tok featuring Coach Prime's "Look at Me" mantra. How utterly tone deaf, yet how predictable. This is a sad, sad situation.
It would be more appropriate if she posted one of the many "You can't see me" gifs that flooded social media after last season.

From the figurative to the literal in only a few short months....

Huh? She had that gpa, or a little less, all last season. Failed to qualify for a watch list bc of it. Why is it a problem now? Also fishy that it came about after her lackluster play got her a seat on the bench. Is this a Mulkey suspension and not an institutional one?

If so its a new low for even KM is she let that slide all last year when AR was going good then pulls it out her ass when she needs an excuse to bench her.

Don't know doubt it wasn't Mulkey's decision guess someone at LSU decided to finally act. She didn't travel with the team will not be playing in the upcoming tourney. I don't know when she would be back would think she would have to do something in December to get back on the team in January. Don't know if it is even true just what some are reporting today.

Reactions: krichunaka
Elzy seat is scalding hot and it is going to get a lot worse may not make it through the season. Harper just a little warm and each game could make it warmer or cooler.
Harper needs her team to respond in the next three games vs OK, ND and OSU. They looked horribly prepared vs IU. I get that RJ is out, but that was a really flat performance in an important game. ND is going to be without Citron and Miles, no reason UT should not win that game or at the very least be in a very close game. OK is not a great team by any stretch this year. I think OSU is going to be a handful for this Ut team if Jackson is still out, the Buckeyes are fast and athletic which seems to be kryptonite to UT currently.

Last edited:
You put Storrs in your handle and don't even know your own roster. The whine from a UConn fan is embarrassing. Quick, guess which non-starter is shooting over 40% from 3. Now guess how much time Geno has put into defending their 3 guards. This is a game I wish I could watch. KK on jones. Nika on Osborne and Paige on Kiki. Ice, Ash and Q coming off the bench. I hope UCLA has your attitude.

You put Storrs in your handle and don't even know your own roster. The whine from a UConn fan is embarrassing. Quick, guess which non-starter is shooting over 40% from 3. Now guess how much time Geno has put into defending their 3 guards. This is a game I wish I could watch. KK on jones. Nika on Osborne and Paige on Kiki. Ice, Ash and Q coming off the bench. I hope UCLA has your attitude.
Agree with the general theme here. Not sure I agree with the defensive prowess of Nika or even Paige for that matter, but both are serviceable in that area. Don’t think I am bashing either here, I am not, but Nika has defensive deficiencies versus certain type players and Paige still does not have all of her lateral movement back yet, yet…..I’d still take Paige over almost every other WBB player given the chance however based upon her total game package. She is still the best imo.

In a perfect world. Paige didn't make a 3 pointer vs Minnesota, niether did Q. Nika is a reluctant shooter, will not make one if challenged. I doubt KK will start, not putting 3 PG on the floor at the same time. Carolines replacement will be Q or Ice. We need rebounding. Not worried about defense, scoring points will be the possible problem. We will see which team decides to show up. BTW, I know everything about each player, except if the freshmen have the savvy to show up this time. Hopefully they will.

LMAO

Could be. Poole has not been listed in the box scores of the two games since the benching so she's gone also. Interesting no one has asked KM about that. OTOH, KM did say those benchings were performance related and AR was interacting normally.

Twitterverse says AR did not board the plane for the Caymans.
Poole was seen in the tunnel hall lay up lines kind of bullying what looked to be HVL . Kind of Jumping at her and teammates stepping in between in a playful funny way as if they really did not care much for HVL but did not want the cameras to see. That team has a lot more than just AR and Flaujea atm.

Agree with the general theme here. Not sure I agree with the defensive prowess of Nika or even Paige for that matter, but both are serviceable in that area. Don’t think I am bashing either here, I am not, but Nika has defensive deficiencies versus certain type players and Paige still does not have all of her lateral movement back yet, yet…..I’d still take Paige over almost every other WBB player given the chance however based upon her total game package. She is still the best imo.
I understand what you are saying. Nika is not ultra quick like Jones, hence i feel Geno starts KK on her. I think they still are the best four guard package UCLA has faced to date.
Remember this is a team that just won by 3 points over UConn-lite (Princeton).

Yeah we were looking forward to Jana. And looking forward to Azzi playing with Paige and hoping for Caroline's return to freshman status. But "can we borrow Sara?" was a bit too much for me.

What just happened? 1:26 to go in game, and ref took out AL player Barker on her 4th foul. AL was leading Louisville 69-65, now it’s tied 69 all, 47 seconds left.

VN Store

Back