Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I've watched Tennessee and I've watched South Carolina quite a bit. They look like they're playing completely different sports...
Have u watched anyone else… our OU win can’t be undersold after today. WITHOUT RICKEA. I said chance it’s USCs to lose for sure but we r poised to challenge. 11 ranked team loses this week

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I've watched Tennessee and I've watched South Carolina quite a bit. They look like they're playing completely different sports...
Maybe the SEC is just weak but after this week we are now favored in every game moving forward except 50/50 with LSU and both USC games. To me that’s poised to compete for a title. Might be hard/impossible but we do get 2 tries if we take care of buisness

Have u watched anyone else… our OU win can’t be undersold after today. WITHOUT RICKEA. I said chance it’s USCs to lose for sure but we r poised to challenge. 11 ranked team loses this week

Yes, I've watched a lot of teams. I've seen a lot of close, down the the wire thrillers. I've seen some impressive upsets.

You know who hasn't played in a close game? South Carolina...

Maybe the SEC is just weak but after this week we are now favored in every game moving forward except 50/50 with LSU and both USC games. To me that’s poised to compete for a title. Might be hard/impossible but we do get 2 tries if we take care of buisness

I agree with you. Tennessee did something no other team has done and will probably do this entire year and that’s win a game against a ranked opponent without a Top 5 player in WCBB.
Don’t care what a reject fan like the one above says about TN compared to South Carolina or any other team.
If Tennessee is healthy when they face South Carolina they can win that game.

I said I agree. USCs to lose no doubt

Especially now with their two greatest threats - UConn and LSU - now reeling. We knew UConn had a roster full of injury prone players, and LSU has a volatile superstar that could implode at any moment, and both have already happened.

Everything is breaking South Carolina's way...

Reactions: VolFuture
I think usc is heads over everyone but honestly only us LSU and maybe Ms St even have a shot at them
MS State has played one power 5 school so far, Clemson, who lost 109-40 to SC. MS State beat Clemson by 3. Let that sink in if you were getting ready to jump on the bulldog bandwagon.

Last edited:
It’s November.

Facts. November. LSU loss the first game of the season and for anyone to have them as a favorite to begin with was lazy.

LSU caught every single break imaginable a year ago. That doesn’t happen twice in a row.

Go and read what I said about the SEC fan club on Twitter.

I believe some or most are on here with some even posing as LV fans.

They will talk any team up to tear them down.

There’s not a single team in WCBB that is a for sure lock to win their Conference championship let alone the Nat’l Championship.

It is no team that the title is theirs to lose.
That’s childish sports talk. Parity has finally arrived to WCBB. Just as it is in the NBA. NFL. College Football.

That’s a great thing.

My Final Top 25 for this week

1S Carolina
Stanford
UCLA
NC State
5Iowa
Kansas State
Colorado
USC
Baylor
10 Indiana
Virginia Tech
Texas
Utah
Florida State
15 Uconn
LSU
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Tennessee
20 Mississippi State
Princeton
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Marquette
25 Louisville

Dropped out. 23 Washington St, 18 UNC

Added. 21 Princeton, 24 Marquette

NOTES
Mississippi State impressed tn.
Louisville hung on by the skin of their teeth but impressed over The Zags.
UNC is a MESS
Ole Miss picked up some good wins but lost a huge player
Indiana is legit I don’t fault Stanford game
VT LSU UConn all struggled to look dominant
ALL top 25 teams struggled on neutral floors
Iowa is good it’s not hype
KState is legit and under ranked
Lady Vols sitting tight without Rickea
Marquette sneaky good rn untested like MS ST but some quality wins to be undefeated

Last edited:
MS State has played one power 5 school so far, Clemson, who lost 109-40 to SC. State beat Clemson by 3. Let that sink in if you were getting ready to jump on the bulldog bandwagon.
They looked way better tn vs a good Tulsa team. Dominant even. I’m not convinced yet either but I see the vision. That’s y I said maybe

I agree with you. Tennessee did something no other team has done and will probably do this entire year and that’s win a game against a ranked opponent without a Top 5 player in WCBB.
Don’t care what a reject fan like the one above says about TN compared to South Carolina or any other team.
If Tennessee is healthy when they face South Carolina they can win that game.
I get it that you are a homer. It's what fans do....but you have some really weird takes on what you expect from your team. It's true that it's an any day things can happen......but most times things go the way they are suppose to. I am realistic about any teams chances during the season but more times than not....it is what it is. The best team doesn't always win....but most of the time they do.

I get it that you are a homer. It's what fans do....but you have some really weird takes on what you expect from your team. It's true that it's an any day things can happen......but most times things go the way they are suppose to. I am realistic about any teams chances during the season but more times than not....it is what it is. The best team doesn't always win....but most of the time they do.

Label it how you want to get a like or two from negaVols. I’ll like the post myself.
I’ve seen enough basketball to know none of these teams are a guarantee to win this season.
I wouldn’t stress one bit when SC plays Tennessee if both teams are healthy.

Define good for Tulsa. Who have they played and who have they beaten?
Near top 100 team
Temira Poindexter (Tulsa)
27.0 points ~ 4.3 rebounds ~ 2.7 assists

Tulsa beat Clemson by 10
Tulsa played many of the same teams as MS ST and did as well or better

Then got murder by them by 40. I say that’s a good win

VN Store

Back