Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Claiming a big 2 including LSU a team that has done nothing this year but get embarrassed by Colorado, beat a weak Virginia Tech team and thinking it’s a compliment to those teams LSU & SC shows just how low the standards are in this conference.

Why nobody takes SEC WCBB serious. Tennessee made the conference relevant and is the biggest brand in WCBB all-time. SC is carrying the top status now.
But expecting LSU to do anything beyond what they did last season is fools gold.
Wishing thinking.

The SEC outside of SC and LSU is total garbage. We need that Ohio State win tomorrow because we won’t be getting much of a resume in conference unless we can upset one of the Big 2.

You are absolutely correct. We really hurt ourselves losing to ND and FSU; tho both are tournament teams we had opportunities to beat both and boost our resume. The Memphis and Oklahoma wins are good because Memphis should win their conference and Oklahoma is a tournament team. A win over Ohio State solidifies a tourney bid with decent seeding barring a terrible SEC run

Claiming a big 2 including LSU a team that has done nothing this year but get embarrassed by Colorado, beat a weak Virginia Tech team and thinking it’s a compliment to those teams LSU & SC shows just how low the standards are in this conference.

Why nobody takes SEC WCBB serious. Tennessee made the conference relevant and is the biggest brand in WCBB all-time. SC is carrying the top status now.
But expecting LSU to do anything beyond what they did last season is fools gold.
Wishing thinking.

Tennessee hasn’t been relevant to WCBB in 15 years. The brand is there, sure but relevancy? Nope. Tennessee missed its chance for that with Holly and now in the moment, Kellie. Let’s see what happens but it’ll probably be the same song and dance.

Most people who don't like their job, insurance company (or insert any other organization you desire) usually move on to one that better suits their needs/desires. For some ODD reason, most of you negavols are refusing to do what you've done countless times in your life. Seems to me you'd rather complain and be couch coaches! If the Lady Vols aren't meeting your standards... MOVE THE HELL ON to a team that does. It really is that simple! Or is your agenda something else??? 🤔🤔

You said you’d seen many teams with toxic locker rooms who had won national championships. I doubt that. Name the teams.

And what difference would it make if I named them? 🤣 And for the record I never said they won nattys, particularly WCBB. You are so delusional. Speaking of delusional, about time for the blue hairs around the Lady Vol sports programs to begin contributing to NIL.

And what difference would it make if I named them? 🤣 And for the record I never said they won nattys, particularly WCBB. You are so delusional. Speaking of delusional, about time for the blue hairs around the Lady Vol sports programs to begin contributing to NIL.
Nope. 👎 definitely a case where a poster has been challenged to support a claim or opinion and was found lacking. You are the weakest link!

Wishing thinking.
How could they do beyond what they did last season?

Two games on the slate today that should be very interesting:

Uconn @ Texas: If the huskies lose today, they would drop to 4-3, which might not keep them in the top 25, when did that happen last? Texas is much bigger than Uconn….

UCLA @ Arkansas: Betts will have her way on the boards, but this could get scary for the Bruins if Ark is hitting their shots. I’m thinking a close game here.

As a side thought, as a SC fan, I am curious to see how SC responds @ Duke after their less than stellar performance at NC 3 days ago. Duke took Stanford to overtime already this season, might be another closer than expected game on the docket today.

SC by 30 , Ucla by 20, Tx by 15. book it!
I will take a stab at this prognosticating stuff:
UCLA by 7 (if there is an upset today, this is it)
Texas by 11 (Geno will keep it closer than it should be but they still aren’t settled in roles)
SC by 15 (Duke has the kind of defense to make this another ugly game)

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
The WCBB field is playing out how I expect. No clear cut favorite.
No team that has separated themselves.
Just fans making outrageous predictions and thinking if 2 or 3 of them under about 3 different profiles on VolNation say it over and over again it will stick lol.
Ole Miss a team that the SEC Social Media fan club has repeatedly tried to talk up as a contender took another L, this time to Southern Miss.

These WCBB groups across these forums and social media are more fans than people who can break down and analyze the game.

Truth is, no team in the Top 25 (1-25) is outmatched when facing another Top 25 team (1-25) opponent out of conference or in conference.

This is what parity looks like.

Going to be an excellent day for true LV fans.
Tennessee brand is bigger than WCBB.
The standard.
Many said they couldn’t compete without arguably the best player in WCBB out for multiple games.
That negaVol talk has been proven false.

GBO🍊

Last edited:
The WCBB field is playing out how I expect. No clear cut favorite.
No team that has separated themselves.
Just fans making outrageous predictions and thinking of 2 or 3 of them with about 3 different profiles say it over and over again it will stick lol.
But it hasn’t.
No team in the Top 25 is afraid to face another opponent out of conference or in conference.

Going to be an excellent day for true LV fans.
Tennessee brand is bigger than WCBB.
The standard.
Many said they couldn’t compete without arguably the best player in WCBB out for multiple games.
That negaVol talk has been proven false.

GBO🍊
You keep saying this: “Many said they couldn’t compete without arguably the best player in WCBB out for multiple games.”

I read most stuff on here, don’t recall many saying they couldn’t compete. I do recall you claiming many things, often contradictory, about the LV team and some outrageous stuff also that you either back track from or disappear from the request for clarification.

You recently said that currently the LV’s have 3 legit #1 elite scoring options and among that group you included a player shooting 34% from the floor and 6% from three. I have no issue with a fan projecting future greatness from any player, but to make a bonafide claim that someone is already an “elite #1 offensive” weapon whilst they are one of the poorest shooters on a team to date is puzzling at best.

My Top 4 Game-day predictions:

Tennessee over Ohio State
Duke over South Carolina
Arkansas over UCLA
UCONN over Texas

Need I say more? Label it how you want to.
The ones that aren’t for Tennessee better hope she don’t get comfortable in this system!
I stamp it.. elite!
GBO🍊

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Need I say more? Label it how you want to.
The ones that aren’t for Tennessee better hope she don’t get comfortable in this system!
I stamp it.. elite!
GBO🍊

I call……..and raise

I guess there are different levels of elite….

Last edited:

VN Store

Back