Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Not that anyone here cares, but last night Chloe Kitts had her coming out party for SC. She is getting better every game, and remember she is supposed to be a true freshman this year. She has game if you haven’t seen her play this year, went 10-12 from the field last night and she is a tenacious rebounder and defender already.

Weird to me NCAA is allowing the stats for UCONN game tonight to count, but not in the win or loss column. 39 4 after 1 quarter and 68 to 9 at the half. Are they playing a high school team in Toronto? Why not play this game as a preseason game? Just odd.
You are commenting on something you don't have all the facts on. They were scheduled to play Pitt but after Pitt's coach got fired, Pitt dropped the game. The team they are playing agreed to play instead. It's A. Edwards home game in Canada.

You are commenting on something you don't have all the facts on. They were scheduled to play Pitt but after Pitt's coach got fired, Pitt dropped the game. The team they are playing agreed to play instead. It's A. Edwards home game in Canada.
We all know that and get it, but the poster above was asking a good question, why allow the stats to count but not the record?

I was and am well aware of the facts. I read the article this morning about all of that. Geno had his usual sarcastic remarks how he doesn't understand why some teams refuse to play him as the crowds are always packed when they go on the road. And questioned Syracuse for not playing UCONN when Stewart was a senior. You know what they say about assumptions....

Weird to me NCAA is allowing the stats for UCONN game tonight to count, but not in the win or loss column. 39 4 after 1 quarter and 68 to 9 at the half. Are they playing a high school team in Toronto? Why not play this game as a preseason game? Just odd.
Auriemma has always scheduled a home game for his seniors. This year was Edwards' homecoming and TMU was the best they could schedule because of all the cowards that would not schedule them. At least TMU had enough class o accept the game. I hope attendance was high enough to benefit their team.

And none of that answers the question you were responding to. At all...

Auriemma has always scheduled a home game for his seniors. This year was Edwards' homecoming and TMU was the best they could schedule because of all the cowards that would not schedule them. At least TMU had enough class o accept the game. I hope attendance was high enough to benefit their team.
The attendance was 3500, which is the capacity at the old iconic Maple Leafs Garden. The Canadian National team is ranked #3 in the world, and the WNBA played an exhibition game there last spring. Apparently, Canada loves women's basketball and are actually looking into a WNBA franchise.
BTW, the three freshmen, Shade, Arnold, and Samuels combined for 25-31 shooting, 8-12 from 3, and a total of 59 points. I know the competition wasn't nearly what they face over here, but it's encouraging to see that they are fearless and can shoot the rock. Hopefully they can continue to grow and possibly make up for the loss of DuCharme and Fudd.

Lauren Park-Lane hit 10 3's for Mississippi State tonight. 12 and 2 and their 2 losses were when Jessika Carter was injured.
I have been saying it. Don't sleep on Mississippi State this year. Lauren Park-Lane (all 5 foot 3 of her) is the real deal. She is leading the league in assists, but can put some points on the board in a real hurry too.

I have been saying it. Don't sleep on Mississippi State this year. Lauren Park-Lane (all 5 foot 3 of her) is the real deal. She is leading the league in assists, but can put some points on the board in a real hurry too.
There is a reason why MSU is rated so low, look at that schedule. They beat Belmont by one and Clemson by 3, what is their signature win? Lost to Miami and who, Chat?

Thanks for reminding us.

Alot of stats floating around right now, team and individual, are about to change drastically now that cupcake season is ending. Bout to get real.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thanks for reminding us.

Alot of stats floating around right now, team and individual, are about to change drastically now that cupcake season is ending. Bout to get real.

I talk a lot of ish but the Net doesn’t really matter until February. I’m just salty lol

Reactions: travis929
And none of that answers the question you were responding to. At all...
Evidently you have trouble reading. I answered the question. The game could not have been a pre-season game because it was originally scheduled to be a game with Pitt. The team they played was a replacement. Do you understand that?

VN Store

Back