Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Hah! I knew someone would show their ignorance with a comment like that. You’ll eat those words. We beat the national champs last year and continue to be a top program. Don’t be surprised to see us make noise in March.

Now this fan from another school (SC) on here trying to talk against TCoop because the game announcer stated TN has a 5-star McD All-American not even playing right now.

Obviously the player didn’t want to be there.. that seems to be working well for Saniya Rivers this season at NC State.

TN has players leave and any success they have is good enough. The SC transfer PG now wasn’t doing much but scoring a few points back in Oregon enter the portal to get a fresh start and that was good enough.

But TCoop a young player can’t go somewhere else and start fresh… man I tell you folks get salty when TN players and team get any recognition.

Watkins is on anyone’s level, it’s not like she has the ball in her hands 90% of the time like Clark does, she has no problem sharing the spotlight while still playing her game, that’s the reason Kennedy smith is going there because of her unselfishness, name an elite recruit that went to Iowa to play with Clark, I can’t think of none and I wonder why.
Name any elite recruit other than Caitlyn Clark who went to Iowa in the last 10-15 years. There isn't many.

Hah! I knew someone would show their ignorance with a comment like that. You’ll eat those words. We beat the national champs last year and continue to be a top program. Don’t be surprised to see us make noise in March.

UT’s days of being a top program are behind us. Stop with the delusion

I just noticed the whole everybody but the LVs crew quoted me on this thread earlier today. I didn’t have time to respond to all that small talk, I was watching TN win by 30+pts.

As for a recruit, TN got an elite 5-star McD All-American that dominated the McD All-American game her senior season getting set to debut on Rocky Top in TCoop. A 4-star PG (a straight dawg) an elite defender coming to Rocky Top as an early enrollee in Kaniya Boyd. Destinee Wells is possibly staying for the COVID year.

I ain’t losing no sleep about a drama filled situation involving a player in HS going to another team.

Like the commentator said during TN game today, the LVs have 5 star McD All-Americans that aren’t even playing right now.

Y’all getting excited about players that haven’t played a single college game yet.

We are not the same.

Really?? Y’all?? 🤣🤣🤣 Or you? Weren’t you spouting off about the ‘generational’ player that hasn’t played a single college game yet? 🤣 jc……

Finley drains another 3 pointer! 8pts 3/4 shooting. One word=generational 🍊

Tennessee commit 2027 G Finley Chastain is the first player to sub in off the bench for Montverde Academy! She is 1-2 shooting with 2pts, 2rebs in the first minute of action
! cruiting’ is on fire🍊

Finley just drained a 3pointer. She is legit folks.. slow start for Cambridge.

Reactions: olddog
It’s your crappy reputation on the line but as a rabid negaVol you might want to sit this one out.
Articles like this discussing FC as a can’t miss 1 of 1 prospect are a dime a dozen!
Had a scholarship offer from you all fav Ohio State since the 6th grade.

We are not the same you negaVol!
Keep yapping off about TN days of winning at a high level are behind so when you’re proven wrong AGAIN you will do the usual and stop posting.

Last edited:
It’s your crappy reputation on the line but as a rabid negaVol you might want to sit this one out.
Articles like this discussing FC as a can’t miss 1 of 1 prospect are a dime a dozen!
Had a scholarship offer from you all fav Ohio State since the 6th grade.

We are not the same you negaVol!
Keep yapping off about TN days of winning at a high level are behind so when you’re proven wrong AGAIN you will do the usual and stop posting.

🤣🤣 sure, sure….

I watched the game and i'm pretty sure Ivey is hot right now and she should be. She got nothing out of her two big's Watson and Marshall 12pts 7rbs and 9TO between the two players. Note Bransford was bad to 33mins only 6pts. But this was a crazy stat between the two teams 52 turnovers 24-ND 28-Syr
I was at the game in person and even when ND had (small) leads, it never felt like they were winning. Syracuse out hustled them to a lot of rebounds (think they won the rebounding battle by double digits) and to all the loose balls. And ND missed some really easy layups. Fair (Syracuse) is really good and those back to back 3s at the end of the game were so critical. The crowd also helped. Maybe at home ND would have won this one, but they didn't look all that great. But they did go 100% from the FT line; in a close game that will be big for them.

Last edited:
Now this fan from another school (SC) on here trying to talk against TCoop because the game announcer stated TN has a 5-star McD All-American not even playing right now.

Obviously the player didn’t want to be there.. that seems to be working well for Saniya Rivers this season at NC State.

TN has players leave and any success they have is good enough. The SC transfer PG now wasn’t doing much but scoring a few points back in Oregon enter the portal to get a fresh start and that was good enough.

But TCoop a young player can’t go somewhere else and start fresh… man I tell you folks get salty when TN players and team get any recognition.

Let me help you with your argument about the 3 players, 1) The Oregon pg that transfer to SC was there best player Te-Hina Paopao and one of the best players in the portal top 5. 2) Saniya Rivers transfer was due being outplayed by 6-2 G-F Bree Hall. 3) As for Cooper i think she made the correct decision to move on, Due to the log jam at her position we can agree to disagree.

Reactions: olddog and Rooster1
Let me help you with your argument about the 3 players, 1) The Oregon pg that transfer to SC was there best player Te-Hina Paopao and one of the best players in the portal top 5. 2) Saniya Rivers transfer was due being outplayed by 6-2 G-F Bree Hall. 3) As for Cooper i think she made the correct decision to move on, Due to the log jam at her position we can agree to disagree.
Thank you for a little perspective.

UT’s days of being a top program are behind us. Stop with the delusion
I know the negas hate facts but:
There are SEVEN programs that reached at least the sweet sixteen the last two years:
SC
ND
Maryland
Louisville
UT
Ohio State
UConn
I repeat SEVEN! Please also note UT regularly plays a majority of these top programs.
Now the negas will want to cry about 2021. We lost in round of 32. How awful!!!
There are TEN programs that over the last three seasons had at least two sweet sixteens and a round of 32.
SC
Maryland
Stanford
Louisville
Texas
Iowa
Indiana
Michigan
UT
UConn
2020 was canceled due to Covid. 2019 was Kellie’s first year?
Tell me again Kellie is a horrible coach and Tennessee is not a top program.

dtjee, you ain’t helping me with anything.

Nobody from SC is out playing Saniya Rivers in this reality.
Again teams and their system as well as coaching impact different players production in various ways.

That player from SC wouldn’t be doing what Saniya Rivers is doing today by leading a team into the Top 5 as their go to player.

I don’t care what y’all say about Talaysia Cooper. She was a 5-star McD All-American coming out of HS.

Should’ve played from Day 1 and didn’t because of the players that were drafted into the WNBA from SC; not the current group at SC.

Being the best player on Oregon team isn’t saying much at all. The player didn’t do much there and that’s a fact.

Again teams and their system as well as coaching impact different players production in various ways.

That player from SC wouldn’t be doing what Saniya Rivers is doing today by leading a team into the Top 5 as their go to player.

I don’t care what y’all say about Talaysia Cooper. She was a 5-star McD All-American coming out of HS.

Should’ve played from Day 1 and didn’t because of the players that were drafted into the WNBA from SC; not the current group at SC.

Being the best player on Oregon team isn’t saying much at all. The player didn’t do much there and that’s a fact.

I'm getting a headache just from trying to read this madness you win.

Great facts! That should put the 'fire the coach BS' to rest.

There are SEVEN programs that reached at least the sweet sixteen the last two years:
SC
ND
Maryland
Louisville
UT
Ohio State
UConn
I repeat SEVEN! Please also note UT regularly plays a majority of these top programs.
There are TEN programs that over the last three seasons had at least two sweet sixteens and a round of 32.
SC
Maryland
Stanford
Louisville
Texas
Iowa
Indiana
Michigan
UT
UConn

SC
ND
Maryland
Louisville
UT
Ohio State
UConn
SC
Maryland
Stanford
Louisville
Texas
Iowa
Indiana
Michigan
UT
UConn
Horrible is harsh, mediocre at worst. And no we are not a top program under her direction. Her numbers against Top 25 teams gives a clearer picture than your attempt to tag along with 6 other teams.

Reactions: olddog
SC
ND
Maryland
Louisville
UT
Ohio State
UConn
SC
Maryland
Stanford
Louisville
Texas
Iowa
Indiana
Michigan
UT
UConn
It's all about perspective. When you are at the top of the heap for years what would be a great season for other teams is just not good enough. It's gotta' be at least a final four or it's a down season.

It's all about perspective. When you are at the top of the heap for years what would be a great season for other teams is just not good enough. It's gotta' be at least a final four or it's a down season.
That helps. So you’re telling me I’m dealing with an entitled fanbase? 🤣

Reactions: maple and brassie
The post this was in response to said UT was no longer a top program. I understand that for UT and UConn anything other than Natties is disappointing but UT and UConn are both still top programs.

B. S. Basketball is a tournament sport. Nothing else matters.

Horrible is harsh, mediocre at worst. And no we are not a top program under her direction. Her numbers against Top 25 teams gives a clearer picture than your attempt to tag along with 6 other teams.

Coop is mainly a 2 guard, can play some spot PG and 3 as well. She was not going to see many minutes at SC this year, it’s why she transferred. There were several players ahead of her at all three positions. I think she saw the writing on the wall and made the best decision for herself and it was the right decision.

VN Store

Back