Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

You going to the extreme to get a few likes from the negaVols.
South Carolina is a solid team. Not a great one. Will be beaten multiple times in the SEC this season. Simple math. Tennessee is 4-1 with Rickea J. I’ll bet money they will beat SC with Rickea J healthy at home.

Reactions: JustaChicken
Of course someone had to win the game.
That's true of every game that comes to a conclusion. Does Tennessee not deserve credit for tonight's win because "Somebody had to win lol " ?
I simply stated that the Vanderbilt win was the upset of the night, in the opening of conference play in the SEC (Mississippi State was 7 point favorites).
I never mentioned how good or bad I think Vanderbilt is, or how they will do in conference play.
If you disagree with my post, about it being the upset of the night in the SEC, provide some facts and change my mind.
Convince me.
The question you should consider, in earnest, is, why do you react so stridently to virtually every slightly positive mention, of another team on this forum ?

The fact is you and many others are wrong. This is prisoner of the moment type babbling. Anyone watching Vandy knows they aren’t a contender. Mississippi State is overrated. What makes it an upset? Hype? Two mediocre teams played and that was the outcome. Just like I said from day 1 UConn wasn’t an odds on favorite. And that SC and LSU aren’t dominant teams. SC has had good fortunes and not dealt with any adversity as many other teams have this season. Those are facts not my feelings or any kind of fake projections of me being upset about what a poster says about another team because I couldn’t care less. The question, in medalist is why you think I have to think you you or any one else. I have my own mind and ability to reason independently. I’m not a follower.

Lastly, Tennessee is 4-1 with Rickea J. I’m not sure she’s played at 100% in either of those games. TK is back. It’s scary hours in Knoxville and they ain’t letting up.

South Carolina is a solid team. Not a great one. Will be beaten multiple times in the SEC this season. Simple math. Tennessee is 4-1 with Rickea J. I’ll bet money they will beat SC with Rickea J healthy at home.
OK...I'm game. Give me the math and the process that your math brought you to the conclusion that we would lose multiple SEC games. I am willing to bet there was no math and that you are just again posting what you wish to happen. We are the undisputed No. 1 team in the nation according to the writers and then also the coaches, yet you know more because you post here and watch a few games that are streamed, or you watch on national television. With your 'simple math' you draw simplistic conclusions about multiple loses....interesting. You could well be right about winning at home....but...you could just as easily be wrong. You seem to forget the latter....which just shows that you are just a fan with a wish. Good luck with that 'simple math' as you bet your money away 🤣.

Reactions: maple and 1reVOLver
The fact is you and many others are wrong. This is prisoner of the moment type babbling. Anyone watching Vandy knows they aren’t a contender. Mississippi State is overrated. What makes it an upset? Hype? Two mediocre teams played and that was the outcome. Just like I said from day 1 UConn wasn’t an odds on favorite. And that SC and LSU aren’t dominant teams. SC has had good fortunes and not dealt with any adversity as many other teams have this season. Those are facts not my feelings or any kind of fake projections of me being upset about what a poster says about another team because I couldn’t care less. The question, in medalist is why you think I have to think you you or any one else. I have my own mind and ability to reason independently. I’m not a follower.

Lastly, Tennessee is 4-1 with Rickea J. I’m not sure she’s played at 100% in either of those games. TK is back. It’s scary hours in Knoxville and they ain’t letting up.
Your response makes it seem as though you didn't understand anything in my post. Nowhere in my post did I state that Vanderbilt was a contender for anything. Why you would bring that up in your response is baffling. Mississippi State was a 7 point favorite. They lost. Hence, it was an upset. Is that so difficult to understand ?
That's all my original post stated.
I originally thought that there were 3 possibilities on why you react so stridently to posts mentioning other teams in even the slightest positive light.
1) You just like to stir things up.
2) You picture yourself as a
"knight in shinning armor"
coming to the aid of the LV's.
Protecting them from all
those harsh "negavols"
posts.
3) You're an idiot.
With each successive post the answer becomes clearer.

LOL that first sentence sure puts to question the second one. Great independent reasoning.
It’s obviously due to the word check changing what I said. In my world, I don’t lose any sleep over a message board or the internet. You live through it and don’t even do a good job of it lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
Give it a week or so from now and all this Vandy talk will cease.

They ain’t on the same level as this Tennessee team at full strength. Tennessee has what it takes to close ground on South Carolina.
You just can't acknowledge that another program is on the move. At Vandy Ralph is doing what Tennessee should be doing, recruiting HS players, building chemistry and culture that makes the players feel good about their team and teammates. Ralph isn't looking for the quick fix because she is not building a team, but a program. She is trying to duplicate where she came from, and that may take time, but in the end, there might be a result that may last a long time, not just a few years. Sure, you can diss them all you want, something you are good at I must admit. Putting your head in the sand will not slow down everybody else or make the LVs better, but I guess if you keep dreaming that something good will happen without putting in the work, well I guess you will just have to keep dreaming.

Reactions: maple
You just can't acknowledge that another program is on the move. At Vandy Ralph is doing what Tennessee should be doing, recruiting HS players, building chemistry and culture that makes the players feel good about their team and teammates. Ralph isn't looking for the quick fix because she is not building a team, but a program. She is trying to duplicate where she came from, and that may take time, but in the end, there might be a result that may last a long time, not just a few years. Sure, you can diss them all you want, something you are good at I must admit. Putting your head in the sand will not slow down everybody else or make the LVs better, but I guess if you keep dreaming that something good will happen without putting in the work, well I guess you will just have to keep dreaming

Lol you talking nonsense. Tennessee is getting major respect from game announcers during live game action now that the team is 100%.
The TN Coach is about to have her 4th 1st round pick in consecutive drafts.
RJ will be a lottery pick.
How many does Vandy have?
Their HS players aren’t changing anything and they ain’t catching up to the 8-time Nat’l Champion. There was a segment during TN game titled “The Orange Standard” referring to the LVs as the winningest WBB of all-time.
Tennessee has HS recruits on the horizon.
Tennessee has a 5-star McD All-American that had to redshirt and has 3 years of eligibility remaining.
They have got some of the most decorated and accomplished players from the college transfer portal.
You keep dreaming. Slow down who and for what? Tennessee is 1-0 in the SEC. Three straight Sweet 16 appearances.

Last edited:
Give it a week or so from now and all this Vandy talk will cease.

They ain’t on the same level as this Tennessee team at full strength. Tennessee has what it takes to close ground on South Carolina.
Sounds like you're a bit jealous of Vandy getting some attention. The basketball fans here realize exactly where Vandy is in the pantheon of women's basketball. They are happy for the players and do not begrudge them their moment in the spotlight. The Lady Vol fans here realize that with the return of Rickea a corner has been turned and the rest of the season is bright with expectations. The paranoid, insecure, and inexperienced will scream, "Hey look at us!".

WinnerCircle SEC Primetime Top 5 Rankings:

1. South Carolina 1-0
2. LSU 1-0
tie Tennessee 1-0
4. Auburn 0-1
5. Ole Miss 1-0
Next in line: Georgia

If you know you know. I watched several games last night and the biggest takeaway from SEC Open Week is that Rickea Jackson is the best player in the conference and there’s considerable distance between the #1 player and #2.

At Vandy Ralph is doing what Tennessee should be doing, recruiting HS players, building chemistry and culture that makes the players feel good about their team and teammates.
Wait, rebuilding chemistry and culture is exactly what Tennessee has been doing. It's by far Harper's best thing. Notice I left out the HS player bit.

The rest I agree with. Carry on

You just can't acknowledge that another program is on the move. At Vandy Ralph is doing what Tennessee should be doing, recruiting HS players, building chemistry and culture that makes the players feel good about their team and teammates. Ralph isn't looking for the quick fix because she is not building a team, but a program. She is trying to duplicate where she came from, and that may take time, but in the end, there might be a result that may last a long time, not just a few years. Sure, you can diss them all you want, something you are good at I must admit. Putting your head in the sand will not slow down everybody else or make the LVs better, but I guess if you keep dreaming that something good will happen without putting in the work, well I guess you will just have to keep dreaming.
Hold on there just a second. The “what Tennessee should be doing” regarding building chemistry and culture is bs!
I would put our program culture and team chemistry up against any other program in the country.
I do not have any bone to pick with Ralph and I know they have some good kids but the not “looking for the quick fix”,”may take time” comments are funny. How many years has she been there now? Four? At this rate Vandy might make the tournament in the 2040’s.
I realize you are protecting one of your own and perhaps the coach you hope will replace Geno in the very near future but she is not setting the world on fire. Tough job though.

Hold on there just a second. The “what Tennessee should be doing” regarding building chemistry and culture is bs!
I would put our program culture and team chemistry up against any other program in the country.
I do not have any bone to pick with Ralph and I know they have some good kids but the not “looking for the quick fix”,”may take time” comments are funny. How many years has she been there now? Four? At this rate Vandy might make the tournament in the 2040’s.
I realize you are protecting one of your own and perhaps the coach you hope will replace Geno in the very near future but she is not setting the world on fire. Tough job though.

Lucy, we done already ended that fantasy lol.
Take a look at my SEC Top 5 after opening night of conference play!

How do you see the SEC shaping up? It’s still early but that was an intense night of hoops!

Sorry, did not mean any disrespect. I do respect everything the LV program stands for, but I just think they need new direction. Ralph doesn't need any protection from me or anyone else, I'm just saying that she has been working with Whites players in the past and is trying to integrate hers into the fold. With Tennessee in the state as well as the rest of the SEC, it isn't that easy to convince recruits to come to a school with a poor track record of WBB. She knows she has an uphill battle and it will take time and backing from the administration. Still, if it really will take to 2040 than she will not be there.

Reactions: maple and Lucy
Lucy, we done already ended that fantasy lol.
Take a look at my SEC Top 5 after opening night of conference play!

How do you see the SEC shaping up? It’s still early but that was an intense night of hoops!
Well I am a coach and all now but I’ll stick with LVs 2 or 3. Dawn’s group might lose a couple of games but they are still awfully good. I think we can beat LSU and any other team in the SEC but on any given night who knows.
Honestly the most intriguing team to me is LSU. They are such a high wire act. They may amaze or end up a squashed mess on the floor. Reese versus RJ may be the most interesting show in the SEC this year. Though they play different positions they may tangle a bit and there is no back down in either of them. RJ is smarter than Reese so I trust we will be okay there.
Just remember there is no I in team. That is coachspeak. Thought I’d throw that in there.😆😆😆

Sorry, did not mean any disrespect. I do respect everything the LV program stands for, but I just think they need new direction. Ralph doesn't need any protection from me or anyone else, I'm just saying that she has been working with Whites players in the past and is trying to integrate hers into the fold. With Tennessee in the state as well as the rest of the SEC, it isn't that easy to convince recruits to come to a school with a poor track record of WBB. She knows she has an uphill battle and it will take time and backing from the administration. Still, if it really will take to 2040 than she will not be there.
No worries.

I'll take you up on that offer. Let's make it an even $100. Does cashapp work for you?

Last edited:
And I’ll take some of that action as well. You name the amount, I honestly would not have a problem with however much you’d like to make it.

VN Store

Back